V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my renewal notice, and it was from a different carrier. They say my old insurer, Universal Underwriters, no longer insures motorcycles in California. Hah?

A partner who is insured with H-D Ins, recieved his paperwork, and it was also from Universal Underwriters. Will H-D no longer use them, too?

The renewal my agent sent (Mike Felder, writes an article in Rolling Thunder), was from Foremost Ins Co. They also cover ATV's, off Road's, etc.

Anyone have any info, or feedback 'bout Foremost?

Thinks in advance...

·
Registered
629 Posts
That is who I used, and I haven't heard anything. I will have to keep an eye out (and maybe make a call).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, Foremost just sent me a bill for the next year. It didn't say anything about Foremost buying out Universal it was just a bill from a company that I had never heard of. My yearly cost through Universal was 600 and the Foremost bill was for 1400 or so. Needless to say I told them to get F**ked. I now have State Farm for 800 but I'm thinking about going with another when the renewal comes around to get it cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Cost of Insurance

Shopping around for coverage is essential!!!!

Lisa (huckelberry1) and I just paid a premium which included 2 cages and 2 bikes. The bikes for "full coverage" 300/100/100 & $500 deduct. cost us $315 for 6 months. Yes, we are getting a "discount" for multiple vehicles. BUT my point is this: cost varys significantly! Two new H/D's are only costing us $630/yr. And we live in LA Co.

Shop around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With Universal, my bill was about $550 for 100/300, and 250 ded, full coverage.

The "New" bill I recieved from Foremost was for $479, and didn't include discounts I am entitled to.

One thing about Foremost, on the back of the bill had the premiums for points. According to what I saw, they don't get uptight until you have over 4-tickets or equiliant points...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a clean record and am 26 years old and at the time I had the free membership in HOG which gave me a discount and at the time I told them I had been riding for years (which was a small lie at the time) and had taken the MSF class and a disk lock with a audible alarm which all of these gave me discounts at the time. They did not tell me why it went up and 800 was the cheapest I could find it out of Allstate, Progressive, Foremost, Southern County Mutual, Farmers, Dairy Land and a few others. I don't know what the problem is, but I sure hate insurance companies.
Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went with Allied Insurance 500/100/500 with a $100 comp deduct and $500 coll. deduct. Cost is $445 for 12 months.

Best rate I could find for a ins company covering auto and motorcycle in Santa Clara county, CA.

Hope they keep covering motorcycles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...got a letter from Progressive...stated they have changed their rates, and welcomed me to get a new quote.

100/300/50, full comp/collis, 250 ded, 42 male, clean DMV, saftey course...

$2,450 a year.

I said you have to be joking -- no $hit you changed your rates, you doubled them...

That after getting pissed and refusing to answer way too many questions for an ins quote...(SSI, financial stuff, etc).

G

·
Holy crap ... Full coverage here in the cornfields is $319/year for me, a 42 yo male w/ safety course, no tickets etc....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts