V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are going down to Pomona from the Bay Area and plan to be in the Love Ride on Sunday. Is there much interest out there for the Calif. Bike Week/Love Ride? Riders around here aren't getting very excited about it. The promoters want to turn it into a Daytona-like event over the next few years.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
RB Jones said:
Wife and I are going down to Pomona from the Bay Area and plan to be in the Love Ride on Sunday. Is there much interest out there for the Calif. Bike Week/Love Ride? Riders around here aren't getting very excited about it. The promoters want to turn it into a Daytona-like event over the next few years.
God, I hope not. Riding around this area is dangerous enough. Add in 100,000 motorcycles, with the obligitory 10% who don't have a clue, there will be injuries. The Love Ride is big enough without making it into a circus. Every year as it is, there are injuries.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had a great time at Calif. Bike Week. There were thousands of bikes at the Love Ride and the AHDRA drags and flat track races were a nice touch. Vendors were better than average, too, with Harley there with it's demo fleet. We'll probably do it again next year and hope to bring along a bunch of local riders with us next time.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I agree that there are a whole lot of folks who for whatever reason (lack of skill, too much testosterone etc) cause some f-ups but this year seemed better. The usual balls to the wall ride up the freeway to Castaic was getting nuts. For this years ride it seemed less crazy heading over to Pomona. The vendor area was way better. Bigger, more variety and for a change, you could actually buy stuff.
I'd say it was a thumbs up.
The talent was pathetic though. Greg Allman? What a yawner.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
I saw the "line up" of talent for the Love Ride on sunday and thought...I'm going saturday night to the flat track instead....the vendor area was better than at castaic IMO. I don't know what their future plans are for making it a "bike WEEK" at picturesque Pomona, but i'd say pretty good start.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts