V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to beat you guys up but I was just wondering if your hp and torq numbers are down a tad on dyno runs? Don't your"stock" Harley's come with an air can and a different cam? Do they respond to a stage-1 kit very well? Some of the dyno sht's I see coming out of Calif are terrific! Just wondering.Hdal......... Of course Dynojet-250 and Std makes a differience..and 5th gear runs..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow,no one from Calif wants to reply to this? I see such great numbers coming out of the west coast I was just wondering how you guys do it. Hdal

·
Registered
640 Posts
Am waiting on the back ordered Rhinehart true duals to come in before opening the case to install the Andrews gear cams along with the true dual set up along with the SE air filter and SERT. We'll post the numbers then.
I guess Rhinehart is making some changes (improvements) to the mounting tabs and the "bung" that goes into the exhaust port on the head, maybe even the purple end caps.
The EVAP "can" only holds fuel tank vapors and then at freeway speeds a solenoid valve opens and allows some air to flush over the carbon and remove excess stored fuel vapors. Plus side the fuel tank is better sealed against moisture and keeps the fuel from loosing some components from the blend due to evaporation.
I remember the Dads talking about how things like PCV, "Smog pump" and Carbon cans on the new cars in the late '60's and early '70's were gonna steal all the HP, some wouldn't even get power power brakes on a car because it would also rob engine HP, when I was a young'n.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
california

I'd heard that the cams for CA stock bikes are set up for the bike to run lean...I had a 94 evo softail dynoed a few years ago that had 43 HP (?). Really. It was bone stock w/ a HD crossover exhaust. I took the baffles out and it went to 49 HP. Put in a cam and re-jetted carb and it went to 65 HP. That would indicate a weak cam profile, right? So, when you do ANY performance work, usually the cam is the first thing done....whether CA or anywhere...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
From what I have heard the CA bikes have the same cams as all the rest. The main difference on my bike was the cat in the right side muffler. But is was gone before I took it home. The evap can won't hurt a thing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The "Cat" muffler will be coming home with my RG but it may not see many exhaust gasses in it's lifetime.:whistle:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
FE Butte said:
I guess Rhinehart is making some changes (improvements) to the mounting tabs and the "bung" that goes into the exhaust port on the head, maybe even the purple end caps.
The bung allows you to mount an O2 sensor for air fuel ratio measurements.

You are correct about the new tab that goes on the starter mount.

Bub has PDFs that describe both features.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts