V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Love Ride ALWAYS costs big time...me, while i like the whole vibe of the love ride event, I usually pick if i'm going by the concert roster. I think the whole 3 day deal for $140 isn't really that bad to see drags, flattrack & the sunday show. This venue is literally 3-5 minutes from where i live. I'll be able to hear the action from home, hell, this morning i heard sportsman eliminations going on at the NHRA Finals. I would like to see the spec class running the HD Destroyers and see how well those do. Sat night i'm sure will rock seeing flat track in so cal again. Pricey, yes...i'm still goin'.
Tim

·
Registered
204 Posts
Of the hundreds of thousands of people who will attend this event, it seems not many of them are members of this forum.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm in for Saturday...

...but not the Love Ride. The venue, while fine, is no Castaic lake. So...$30 on Saturday for entertainment, Races and the Vendor area sounds just fine.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The Love Ride goes to Pamona? Freak'n Pamona! Give me a break! Rediculous! Charity has become very big business, $75 for a ride to Pamona, I'dd pass. The races are awesome though, worth the ticket, went to AHDRA races here the past several years, Awesome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been doing the Love Ride to Castaic lake for years. May pass going this year
and just donate to keep my string of Love Ride patches contigious. Busy on Saturday and Pomona fairgrounds is just not that interesting a ride destination.
Castiac is relatively close to home while Pomona is a boring all freeway juant. Not much of a buzz here from the usual suspects going to the love ride like years in the past. Most seem like they are going to let others "beta test" the new location this year. I hope it's a great success but I know that a few folks
have an issue with the new location.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mboogiemanusa said:
Been doing the Love Ride to Castaic lake for years. May pass going this year
and just donate to keep my string of Love Ride patches contigious. Busy on Saturday and Pomona fairgrounds is just not that interesting a ride destination.
Castiac is relatively close to home while Pomona is a boring all freeway juant. Not much of a buzz here from the usual suspects going to the love ride like years in the past. Most seem like they are going to let others "beta test" the new location this year. I hope it's a great success but I know that a few folks
have an issue with the new location.
Isn't the ride from Glendale to Castaic an ALL FREEWAY JAUNT? I DO get the location/destination is sorta uncool compared to past events at Castaic, but what I'm particularly interested as the venue is concerned is the ability to see Drags, Flat Track racing and perhaps a concert (or two). Not to mention a Cast (and broken ankle) will prevent me from riding that weekend. If they pull this off here at Pomona Fairplex, You'd think there would be a lot of possibilities...for a Real "California Bike Week". We'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
2Buck said:
Agreed that Glendale to Castaic is also a boring all-freeway jaunt, but at least Castaic is nice when you get there. In Pomona, all you get is ... Pomona. Personally, I don't like the venue change and rolling it in with Bike Week and I think it's going to hurt the Love Ride, but I and my club are making the run on Sunday anyway.

One of my contacts at Glendale Harley tells me it's because the City of Castaic (and the police in particular) were really gouging them -- charging 20%+ increases in fees and services from year to year. It started really taking away from the charity's pockets in the end.
I don't know the reason for the change but I do know that going to the Fairgrounds at Pomona will substantially change the event. I think I'll take a pass this year and see what others have to say about the experience before dropping the bucks to attend. ***As for the charity aspect, the Love Ride has historically had a HIGH admin cost resulting in less money going to charity than you may think. Is charity good? Of course. If an admin cost over 40% good? No way!

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flat Track Races

Anybody else go??? I had a pretty good time. Maybe not as many big name Open Class rides as i would have expected, i only recognized Chris Carr. Still a fun evening...lotsa folks seemed to bail early. The vendor area was pretty good. I'd like to see this be a yearly deal. How'd the Love Ride go?? Anyone go?
Tim

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went on Saturday with a bunch of members from another forum. We did a breakfast and checked out all the vendors. I test rode a Road glide, an Ultra, and a Boss Hoss V8 motorcycle. I agree taht Pomona is yuck as I live on the westside, but we are all spoiled snobs on the westside. :yes: I should ahve spent the entire time test riding bikes as there was not much of a wait. I had to leave early as I had other plans early in the evening. I didn't go on Sunday as I am not interested in riding with 10 million others for a cost of $75.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts