V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing but rain and drizzle here, I am really needing to get out for an all day ride.
I am sitting here right now and thinking about some of the best moments for me on a ride. Following are my top 3 in order.

1. At the end of an all day ride, I am rideing toward home which for me means rideing into the setting sun, and even though it's been a long day in the saddle, there is something about the setting suns glow on my face and the harmonics of my engine going down the hiway that makes me wish it would never end.

2. Starting out on a trip early in the morning when the air is crisp and clear and the road is fairly empty making my way towards a great breakfast.

3. A hot summer night when you have been out having fun, heading home late at night and the air is still warm enough from the 100 degree day that you only need a tshirt, the full moon, and the gal on the back OOOOuuuuuu!!

How about yours?:beer:

G

·
1) Riding in Milwaukee, in the rain, during the 95th Anniversary. My glasses were wet, and had fogged up. Stopped at a light I was trying to clear them, but had nothing left dry enough to wipe them off. The window of the car to the left of me rolled down, and a lady, about 60, in the passenger seat, who looked like she was dressed for church - and quite clearly didn't have anything directly to do with the events - handed me a paper napkin. That one instance, where someone paid the attention to notice, and was willing to roll her car window down in the rain has to be my number one riding memory. It's also the reason that anytime someone tells me their from Milwaukee, I try to go out of my way for them, and why it doesn't take much to convince me to go back to Milwaukee.

2) Riding all over Mexico on a trip a couple years ago. Day after day of things that were really brand new.

3) Last summer riding around the Black Hills. A friend and I, perfect weather, both bikes ran perfectly. What more could you ask?

If i thought tomorrow, I'd probably have a different "top 3". I cannot imagine how people who don't ride explain themselves when St. Peter asks them how they took advantage of their time on earth.

Harris

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Man, those special moments that can only be enjoyed while riding. Spring is not coming fast enough for me, I broke down and bought a heater for the garage so I can putz with the bike to ease my anxious mind.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harris said:
2) Riding all over Mexico on a trip a couple years ago. Day after day of things that were really brand new.

Harris
That idea looks "adventure" written all over it. I would love to bust loose with enough time to do that.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
1) easy, 100th Milwaukee, we camped about 20-30 miles south in Racine. The freway leading into Milwaukee handles the traffic from the entire eastern seaboard. You gotta remember, for me it's 5-6 days without a real short one. For the entire eastern seaboard, its, 1-2 days ride. So thursday we head to town, probably 1-2pm'ish As we crossed over the freeway th the on ramp, you could see to the south for a couple of miles at least, the bikes outnumbered the cages 8 to 1. As we approached milwaukee, starting about 25 miles out, we started to see em, people on the overcrossings and frontage roads, flags, banners, signs, fists pumping, hands and arms waving! Sparse on the first exit or two but then thicker, starting several miles out of town, every overcrossing and frontage road is packed three deep, these people are there to welcome us. it went on and on and on. obvercrossing after overcrossing! If you were there, you know what it felt like, if you weren't, noone can explain it. Everything else aside about the whole 100th thing, The people of wisconsin and milwaukee were the most awesome ever, they made it worth doing and I would galdely do it again!..
I'll have to think about #2&3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts