·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Accident Assistance Course

What type of course material did they provide you with? Is there anyway that you can post the info on this forum for us to read? It would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
If not available in your state, try contacting the local fire department rescue squad. We had a day class on what to do to save a life which included CPR and First Aid. What to carry on your bike for "life" saving. (Keep the bandaids at home etc..) all fits in a sandwich bag! Also, when and when not to mess with the helmet etc.. All good stuff. These guys are very good.

Also, from personal experience, after being on the scene of a wreck, and if you are/were involved with the cpr/first aid etc.. I think you would find it very benificial to find someone else to take your bike and take a ride in a cage to some close location where you can cool your jets and get it together. Odds are very good that the person involved in the wreck is someone you know or have riden with.
Flatline

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
njyamahauler said:
What type of course material did they provide you with? Is there anyway that you can post the info on this forum for us to read? It would be appreciated!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

The basic course is in a classroon evironment. It is presented in a Powerpoint presentation augmented with hands on demonstration and practice. You get a manual for later referral and a patch upon completion. Available to you at the class for purchase is some real good first aid/ first response gear at very good prices. The class is meant as a great compliment to a first aid and CPR certification and does not provide said certifications. The advanced class is done in a simulated accident environment. I will elaborate after I complete the advanced course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts