V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my dilema...

I won't be able to get my hands on a V-Rod until Late September.
I live in the Chicagoland area and will only be able to ride until late October, at least with temps over 50 degrees.

Should I buy in Late September when I can get my hands on a V-Rod or do I wait until April / May ???

Anyone know how many 2003 are being manufactured ????

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
IF you can get a fair price, buy in September. You'll get to ride some this year and have the bike broken for the riding season in 2003. Just one man's opinion. :)

Q: since when does one only have to ride when the temp is over 50? Get ya' some cold weather gear and ride that baby until icicles fall off your nose. Or other parts of your anatomy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I was going to get some flack about that 50 degree thing.

Yes, I am not half as a die hard as others.

I love to ride, but I really enjoy riding when the temps are over 50 degrees and I can really concentrate on riding and not staying warm.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think prices will be tough come Spring, is it an availability issue? There are V-Rods on the showfloors around here.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Snap that bad chicken up now and spend the fall/winter customising it!
Plus you'll have a few days to ride here and there, maybe go on a few group runs, before you know it she'll be broken in and ready for spring!

It gets quite cold here in CT during the winter as well, but there are always a few unseansonably warm days sprinkled in there, and you'll wish you had your sled!

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts