V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure didn't feel like it in Madison this morning, though. I took these shots of Lake Mendota, with steam rising off the lake, shortly after I arrived at work, about 8:15. They're just documentary snapshots, not art. Yeah, I know it will warm up again before the snow flies, but I don't remember it being this chilly in the middle of September in a good, long while, if ever. The low last night was around 30 degrees. Here's looking west from the Memorial Union Terrace:

Here's looking east:

Here's looking northwest:

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
30*, holy cow. I thought it got cold here in mid-MO last night, a new record low of 39* for September 15. Magnificently beautiful day today, sunny and 63* after a much needed rain yesterday of 1.41 inches. We were getting a little droughty, not like Texas, but dry.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Mid 30* here. One of the guys I work with had 31* just North of me. NOT GOOD!!!!

·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Cool" being the appropriate adjective this morning! It is a pretty lake, one of two big ones in downtown Madison, but they look a lot better with open water than they do in January when they're covered with ice.

·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did remember your Robin Trower post after I posted my response. U2 played the same venue back in the day. The Church Key is a block away from the lake. Who knew?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
great pics -robin trower is great -he played downtown louisville at small clubs a long time ago -he is still touring but might be coming to a end so if you like him it might be the last chance to see him live

1 - 9 of 9 Posts