V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Electra Glide and a 01 Super Glide. I primarily ride the EG and am thinking of making the super glide a "hot rod". Not doing any racing or anything like that but going all out on the performance, 120"+ engine, heads, etc. My question is I can easily see this project costing close to 10k, so I am wondering if the super glide is a good platform to start with. That is would it be better to start with a softail? It just seems most the really souped up bikes are softails. I guess it just seems odd putting more into a bike than it is worth.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
IMHO, the Dyna would be the better platform for a true "Hot Rod". I would choose the "A" motor over the "B" for a high reving big horsepower torque monster.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Softails are a great platform to go with. Just remove the balancers from the engine and you can make a high revver out of it if that is your goal.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Fatb0y said:
Softails are a great platform to go with. Just remove the balancers from the engine and you can make a high revver out of it if that is your goal.
Heck yeah. It'll save having to buy a "Vibe Rider"...:roflback:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts