V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building a custom bike,my 2001 fatboy was stolen at marcus dairy super sunday this year. The reason I decieded to build a custom was I had bought another set of sheetmetal for my fatboy & had the tank stretched with a custom paintjob. link
I also have alot of other parts I had purchased just not installed yet.
I found a harley dealer selling the 88B engine & matching trans with a replica frame for $6,500.dealer special
Okay, my question is has anyone gone thru a custom motorcycle inspection? do you have to have the reciepts for every nut & bolt?
Would you build one again? I personally think I want the experience of knowing every inch of my bike. For the record I'm very mechanically inclined,but will also seekout the assistance of my motorcycle mechanic if the need arises. thanks for your input.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
In S.C., all you have to do is 1) get the serial mumbers from frame, motor and trans. and a M.S.O. from manufacturer. 2) Take to D.M.V. 3) Find someone that knows what they're doing. 4) Walk out with title.
The laws might differ from state to state. Dealer should know what you need to do.
Don't throw away any paperwork that comes with the frame, motor or trans. or any M.S.O.
Good luck.

David

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Two builds are the norm for customs. 1st is the fitment. you got to make sure every peace fits, make any mods to make them fit if needed. Most any custom will have something that dosent line up ect. If you already have painted stuff you need take extra care. If the rolling chassie is already fitted your a good step ahead. It not realy that hard, it can be time conssuming and aggravating but the rewords are great. Use all spec you can for torgue ect...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts