V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Damn Capt, you've got some skinny-ass lookin' feet LOL!

Racepres - nice IH! It sure looks like an easy mid-10 second runner!

Good Lord willing, I'm hoping to get to the track some this season. Been a couple years... Re weather, actually got out today for the first time. FXD felt strong in the cool air. Got a couple little tweaks here and there to do, but looking good for this season.

Question - is that a HF lift?
That motor was one of the first 3 Stock displacement Harleys to run a 9!!
And the Only Pre-Evo... so... I'm hoping mid 10's religiously in a No-bar Chassis...
[tho 75 inches isn't stock for an IH...it was legal... rules were Gasoline only, 76 inch Sportsters, and 84 inch Big Twins]

And Yes HF Lift

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thx. Been putting off gettting a lift as I wouldn't use often. Unsure of HF but a few folks I know like them. Prolly all I need.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thx. Been putting off gettting a lift as I wouldn't use often. Unsure of HF but a few folks I know like them. Prolly all I need.
I have two.. I like 'em... as I do Not make air all the time. BTW the two are differrent, and I can Not decide which I like Better... So.... I told my youngest son.. Whatever one you get, you will probably like it Just Fine
After you put a Better Wheel Clamp on it..

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well ****... Looks like Bowling Green is Off for June...
And here I was removing the baby Cheriani or Red Wing or whatever it is, front end...
Was gonna just go with a 35mm Sporty F.E. for Time!!! Darnit...
Back and forth
NoBarRWFront.jpg

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
Nothing wrong with those 35mm front ends. The tubes are stiffer than 39's Just don't go back so far as to find a set that doesn't have bushings.

Shim that lower bushing and set it up with emulators and weight matched springs, you'll like the result.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nothing wrong with those 35mm front ends. The tubes are stiffer than 39's Just don't go back so far as to find a set that doesn't have bushings.

Shim that lower bushing and set it up with emulators and weight matched springs, you'll like the result.
Oh... I don't disagree... just gthat the Red wing, or whatever it is.. is Much Lighter...and shorter... I have no Problems lowering and Stiffening the Springs on a 35 tho...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have heard some people say this but could you please cite your source?
Maybe a link to the test?
I'll Vouch for it... I have more than one each...Believe it or Not... the newer narrow glide, like the 40-some millimeter Dyna, are thinner yet.
Can't verify, but have heard tell the MoCo Made the front ends more Delicate so the frame would Not get bent in a collission [so easily] Can't verify that tho..

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
I have heard some people say this but could you please cite your source?
Maybe a link to the test?
Just from years of working on them. Put one of each of in your hands and you can feel it. The tube wall is thicker on the 35. It also takes more press effort to straighten the 35mm tubes, not that many bother with that sort of repair these days.

The weak link on the 35mm set up is the stem nut.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Welp... I had to set that Cheriani Front end aside for a minute... Making me loose more hair!!!
It will be fine with the O.E. from a '78 Sporty!! Especially once I put the screamin eagle Brace on it!!!
Having Guilt about the rear fender... it is a "spare" FXR and Mounts up very well indeed... and still just wide enough for the 160 Tire...Still keeping an eye for a replacement... But... Time is getting shorter!!!
NoBar2.jpg

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What's your deadline?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Martin, MI , US131, July 25 and 26... I would like to ride prior... but... helping a couple other boys with their **** also..
It will either go... or not... I'm gonna take one of the street bikes as well... just in case!!!! or hell... enter dial-in class with it too!!!

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
What is dial-in class? Do you get to make multiple runs?
I'm thinking a dial in class is like bracket racing.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Update
as of Today... week late... but, didn't have time to race it anyway... Busy conducting the "show"
NoBar4.jpg
NoBar5.jpg

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
No video of it fired up?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No video of it fired up?

No... Sorry
Quite an affair right now as it requires a really Stout battery...
will get an Anti Gravity for it, and maybe get a video at a T&T session...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts