V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK
Last thread kinda flopped... Lets try this..
Gonna re-purpose a Wheelie bar frame and put together a No Bar bike with my IH...
looking at best way to post Pics just now... Stay tuned...
IHDBrt.jpg

Started with a Bar bike... No Alan... Not bar hopper!!!

Remove engine... I do Not lift engines anymore... use a Small chainfall...in the dirtiest corner of garage so I "Swept"...
IHremoval.jpg

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The "new frame" a Repurposed Total of a 5-speed is the New home
NoBarStart.jpg

You will have to excuse the Impromptu "shop" it is cold and snowy outside, so I moved some "stuff" into the Back room of the Shop... with Heat!!!!
IHintonobar.jpg

Use the Chain Fall to insert IH engine

I'll get a Shot of progress if any Interest!!!

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Started with a Bar bike... No Alan... Not bar hopper!!!
Wow! It's like you read my mind.

Now explain what IH stands for.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
pretty cool marty,,, how big is that sporty?
i used to think a complete big twin was light,, took them out and in all by my lonesome,,, i rebuilt a couple (3) for friends a few years back,, da.mm. those things got heavier than i remember them... lol

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty cool marty,,, how big is that sporty?
i used to think a complete big twin was light,, took them out and in all by my lonesome,,, i rebuilt a couple (3) for friends a few years back,, da.mm. those things got heavier than i remember them... lol
Shouldn't have been reefin and Liftin after my "unfortunate incident" but... since this Arthritis has Kicked my Ass... I am forced to work Smarter... not harder... One day I will post how I do Big Twins now!!!
I have always... before now, layed Sportsters on the right side, remove bolts. and stand bike up... installation is the reverse..
This little chain falls is the berries...
BTW that Ironhead is 75 inches, as designed... pushing 76 inches now with a rebuild, overbore. ???? maybe about '97 when I kinda Hurt it!!! Rules at the time were 76 inches absolute... so Safe!
I simply want to have some fun this Summer... as I had a Blast with the FXRS last summer!!!! Didn't set the world on Fire... but... I didn't care... all about the fun Now..

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
that should be a total blast to ride,, and looks great..

i did a 4 7/16 30 over ironhead sporty for a brother years back. it was quick for a street bike,, and a fun ride... i remember the pistons had aluminum pin buttons since the oil rings went through the pin hole..
enjoy it marty..

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that should be a total blast to ride,, and looks great..

i did a 4 7/16 30 over ironhead sporty for a brother years back. it was quick for a street bike,, and a fun ride... i remember the pistons had aluminum pin buttons since the oil rings went through the pin hole..
enjoy it marty..
I remember those Pistons... S&S was the only ones I recall like that. Maybe a 74" package???
Not the way this one was built..
I hope to get Mid Tens at a buck and a quarter without too much drama... depends If I can Ride it I suspect!!! LOL
Want a legal Hot Street bike but won't be competitive... Maybe even SS but still...Them guys is Fast!!!!
Prolly end up in an Index!!!!! IDC.. I havent really rode a No Bar bike, since the Early '90's!!!
Except I rode the FXRS last year at an AMRA Event and Had a literal Blast!!!!
I'm awfully Slow, gettin her Built..... But I think I will get this!!!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Came up with an Offset Front sprocket... making wheel spacers... slow going, just now, as it is just too damn cold for these Old Bones!!!!

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
.... as it is just too damn cold for these Old Bones!!!!
It's really nice south of I-10. :)

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
Give it a couple months Prez, he'll be bitchin' bout the heat.
Nope. I can jump on the FXR for air conditioning. :)

Reactions: Racepres

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
We had snow flurries yesterday. On the Mason Dixon line. Hard freeze the night before. For the last month, there have been maybe 3 days above 65 that were dry and wind below 20mph. If I see a 70 in the forecast, it's with rain and followed by more wind and cold. We're getting a cold front with a storm, and then the back side of the storm blow down from Canada. Then the next cold front pushes through. Ain't no global warming in these parts this spring.

·
Registered
16,704 Posts
The weather's awesome here. My shoulder refuses to cooperate for a ride. 10-15 mi is all I can stand until I get my steroid injection next Monday.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
The weather's awesome here. My shoulder refuses to cooperate for a ride. 10-15 mi is all I can stand until I get my steroid injection next Monday.

Nice here too. No rain until next Tuesday, but it will be 90 Friday after next.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Damn Capt, you've got some skinny-ass lookin' feet LOL!

Racepres - nice IH! It sure looks like an easy mid-10 second runner!

Good Lord willing, I'm hoping to get to the track some this season. Been a couple years... Re weather, actually got out today for the first time. FXD felt strong in the cool air. Got a couple little tweaks here and there to do, but looking good for this season.

Question - is that a HF lift?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts