V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ultra. Where would I look to find the build date. I knew where to find it on my 2001 Sportster, but not on the Ultra.

I have searched the forum, but not found this tidbit.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Is it on the front down tubes on the frame? Might be able to look it up from VIN#. Can't remeber.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, with the Sportster you could find the build date for the engine using the engine serial number. I have not located the engine serial number on the 2000 Ultra yet. It is probably somewhere obvious, but so far it has eluded me.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Your bike has 17 digit VIN number on the frame and an abbreviated VIN on the left side engine case between the front and rear cylinders.
To find the actual build date, call the Harley-Davidson Customer Service Department at (414) 343-4056 and provide them with your VIN. The customer service representative should be able to check your bike build date.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
berserker said:
Is it on the front down tubes on the frame? Might be able to look it up from VIN#. Can't remeber.
Berserker is correrct for that year, but on the newer e glides they were put up on the left side frame neck. Just incase anyone else was interested.;!pstwhore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts