V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my bike yesterday and I have to say it far exceeds my expectations. I'd like to thank all the great folks here for their extreme patience and assistance in helping me choose the parts , and helping me understand the nature of thier interdependence. I'd especially like to thank HDWrench for his help with the cam choice, and Grock , Doc , Megaglide CSOday ,SilverBullet for all thier guidance.

The final build consisted of :
SE Perf Heads /SE cast flatops/cylinders/SE adj pushrods
Cometic top end kit with .030 head gasket
Andrews TW31G with S&S geardrive and breather kit
Mikuni HSR 42 / SE air clearner w / open sides.
Dyna TC88-2 Ignition /SE plug wires/SE clutch kit

The wrench was impressed with the build , and commented the cam comes on real low and pulls hard. After riding it about 200 miles yesterday I'd agree.

It has more pull from idle than anything I've ridden , the closest was the SE 103 FatBoy and this pulls harder and quicker ( granted it's lighter) . Acceleration is WAY quick , I'm able to run easily as low as 45 in 5th and still pull like a freight train. I'm keeping it under 3000 rpm for now but I'm very impressed.

The SE clutch kit is a bit stiff , I may put the reduced effort kit it , but keep the same spring. I'll be getting it Dyno'd in 1000 miles when I take her in for the regular maintanence. It does have dino oil (20-50) for the break in , will go with synthetic after breakin .

Thanks again for helping me build my dream!.

I got 45MPG on the first tank , that's 5mpg better than with the stage I 88" .. got to love it

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
The reduced effort ramps worked well with the SE clutch spring on my bike. It gets the clutch pull back to about stock. You can buy just the ramps and not the whole kit and save a few bucks. Enjoy your new build! ?prty:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Congrats on the build....You may also want to check out the VPC clutch. It has had great results from others...I am waiting to do my build to order one...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You just wait til the shifting police find out you're running 45 in 5th. You're in a heap of trouble, boy.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, it is a blast and a dream come true.. I didn't run too much down low , 50 in 5th to get home from a ride in the boonies and low on gas. It's getting better gas mileage than it did as a stage I 88 though

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
murphdog said:
You just wait til the shifting police find out you're running 45 in 5th. You're in a heap of trouble, boy.:laugh:
Hey! I resemble that remark!! Don't worry, we're conducting our investigation! Some days I just don't feel like writing the tickets!!:bleh:

Enjoy your new build! I know it's fun!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts