V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
561 Posts
+1 on Hydrogen Peroxide 50% with water, they bubble right off!!

· Registered
561 Posts
Much cheaper than the "Harley Bug Remover" for $7 (that didn't work for beans).

· Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Does anybody know the guy's name that (after a few alcoholic beverages) decided to take lemon pledge to his bike??????

· Registered
33 Posts

· Registered
1,578 Posts
I've found that detail spray works well out on the road. Also 'Original Spray Cleaner And Polish' from Next Dimension.
The hot towel method really helps if those bugs have been there awhile. I didn't find the HD bug spray to be very effective and gave it away.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
I found this product and it works so fast you will not believe it. I buy it by the gallon and pre spray the front of my bike ,car, truck before washing and the bugs turn to mush and start dripping down and come off with just the spray of the hose. I use a lot of the products on the site they are awesome! http://www.lloydscleaner.com/

· Registered
566 Posts
orange pledge or the bug remover spray from harley. their spray works pretty good, wet the windshield, spray the stuff on, let it sit for a minute and wash the little buggers away. works great on the love bugs here in fl.

· Premium Member
248 Posts
I use Adams polish products. Their quick detailer and a synthetic terry takes the bugs off easily, leaves a rain-x type bead finish and is easy to use as it gets. I guess every product listed here works about the same.

· Registered
122 Posts
When I get home I lay it face down in the grass for a half hour and it will condensate, soak the bugs and makes it easy to hose off. At a hotel, I lay a wet towel over it or put it in the bath tub and soak it before spraying off in the shower.

Then I use a little bottle of cleaner polish.
I think I'll try the rain-x and see how that works.

· Registered
546 Posts
big clean towel....soak in hot water with a few drops of dawn.... lay it on the shield...let it soften the scum then resock towel....and softly wash it...you dont need and junk H-D sells save your $$$$ to buy other things Harley over charges you for!

· Premium Member
2,208 Posts
As crazy or simple as it may sound just try Baking soda & warm water you'll be amazed.

Cheers

· Registered
762 Posts
I haven't read all 3 pages, but for heavy bug debri, soak a towel in hot water and place it over the windshield for about 15-20 minutes. Next, wipe the bugs away with the wet towel.

Once the heavy bug debri is removed, use a product like Plexus to clean/polish your windshield. This will make bug removal much easier in the future. Plexus works great on helmet visors, too. I've tried many different products (Novus, Slipstreamer, etc.) and have not found anything that works as well as Plexus.

· Registered
18 Posts
Use a big old wet towel.

What is the best way to clean the bugs off my RK windshield?
Use a big old wet towel. Sometimes using something simple is cheaper that buying a lot of stuff on the market. Also, I put a wet towel in a plastic zip bag in my saddlebag on trips. Presto, pull out the wet towel, remove the bugs, wash off the towel and back in the plastic bag. How simple is that!

· Registered
20 Posts
Windex Spray Cleaner. One more option. I use it to clean my windshield following every ride and, when the bike needs it, I use it to clean the rest of the bike as well, especially chrome.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.