V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the wrong section but, I saw a sportster with a set of Buell forks / triple trees with drag bars a few weeks ago in Hell Michigan (Damn Side Inn), it looked bad as (well) Hell! The bike also had what looked like a swing arm off a rice burner? (Aluminum) with a pretty fat tire and a solo seat, I wish I had a camera to get some photos because after thinking about I may want to do something like this for my winter project as I already have a sporty, that is I can borrow my wife’s for a donor, anyone do this or seen any thing similar??

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
The forks are from a Buell, but the triple trees are custom made by Banke.
The swingarm is a JMC from England.
Wheels are Buell, with custom spacers and fab work.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Buy the one we built!!! has buell front end air ride seat 80 evo stock yea right ha ha bike is done and has a HD title.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I was there also and DO have pictures ... Just let me find them, I don't rememer if I used film or the digital :huh:

Lots of nice work on that scoot.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ndmp40 said:
The forks are from a Buell, but the triple trees are custom made by Banke.
The swingarm is a JMC from England.
Wheels are Buell, with custom spacers and fab work.
Good info Thanks!
Do you know the bike I am talking about ?

HDWRENCH said:
Buy the one we built!!! has buell front end air ride seat 80 evo stock yea right ha ha bike is done and has a HD title.
I'll give you a ring! but sorta looking for a project not a done up one, than what would I do all winter

NitroBerserker said:
I was there also and DO have pictures ... Just let me find them, I don't rememer if I used film or the digital :huh:

Lots of nice work on that scoot.
I rode there with a little over 100 other guys and haven't found one of them that took photos yet, that would be cool if you got some, I think it had a small orange fairing also?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Found Them

These pictures were from late summer 2004, so he may have made some changes. I didn't get to talk to the guy We were leaving and I saw this thing, it so floored me I just grabbed my camera and took a couple snaps.

BTW I think the bars are clip-ons not drag bars. real racer stuff here.

I would have to say this is the nicest looking Sporty I have EVER seen, at least for MY tastes

To the owner.. GREAT JOB

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NitroBerserker said:
These pictures were from late summer 2004, so he may have made some changes. I didn't get to talk to the guy We were leaving and I saw this thing, it so floored me I just grabbed my camera and took a couple snaps.

BTW I think the bars are clip-ons not drag bars. real racer stuff here.

I would have to say this is the nicest looking Sporty I have EVER seen, at least for MY tastes

To the owner.. GREAT JOB
Ya thats it! X 2 on the nicest, real cool, and your right on the bars, Thanks for posting them,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts