V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LSU loses to Kentucky and Cal loses to Oregon State, next thing you know my Buckeyes are Number 1 again!!!

Lets go Bucks!

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
It's an upset-filled season, that's for sure. If I held out any hope that Wisconsin could be competitive against Ohio State, I might challenge you. But the Badgers take this whole dairy state thing too seriously, as in their defense is Swiss cheese (they lost to Penn State 38-7 today, and they've given up 30-plus points to opposing teams in at least the last three games). The Buckeyes seem to be the team to beat and should be numero uno on Monday.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I love it!

Make no mistake however, they have some tough games ahead.
Michigan State in Columbus
Penn State in Happy Valley-ALWAYS tough there.
Illinois is vastly improved this year. Funny thing is, I could see it last year. Even games Illinois lost, you could see how much better they had gotten.

The Michigan game is always tough, especially in the big house. The game Michigan played against Purdue was the first time all year they actually impressed me at all.

Gonna be an exciting second half of the season.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Lots of strange things happening in college football this year. While I'm pretty sure that Ohio State will get the #1 rating this week, there's quite a bit of commentary on their schedule.

The below is from http://www.sportprojections.com/ohio_state_buckeyes.php

2007 Season Projection:

The Buckeyes are blessed with a relatively easy schedule that includes Wisconsin and Michigan State at home. The challenging road games include Washington, Purdue, Penn State and Michigan. Ohio State should easily win home games against Youngstown State, Akron, Northwestern, Kent State and Illinois. If the Buckeyes get good production from their quarterback position it isn't hard to believe that they could run the table and make a run at the National Championship. Coach Jim Tressel will try to run it down his opponents throats with the Wells duo. If I was to make an objective prediction for the Buckeyes in 2007: I predict OSU to start the season 8-0 before a loss at Penn State. Then Wisconsin will best OSU for the fourth straight time at the Horseshoe. The Buckeyes will follow that up with wins at home against Illinois and on the road against Michigan.

2007 Projected Record: 10-2

2007 Projected Bowl: Capital One Bowl or Orange Bowl

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
From the 2007 Season Projection quoted in trooper113's post
Then Wisconsin will best OSU for the fourth straight time at the Horseshoe.
Well that was no doubt written back when Wisconsin was rated, or should I say overrated, before the season began. The Badgers have to plug the holes in their defense in a big way if they're going to salvage their Big Ten season. As much as I root for my hometown team, I think the Buckeyes are going to make Badger burgers out of them in the Horseshoe this year.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
As a Boilermaker, I have to say Ohio State is very impressive. They have size and speed on defense. I don't see anyone in the Big 10/11 beating them. Matter of fact, I don't see them getting beat at all this year. I hate the stinkin' Buckeye's, but their damn impressive. Sorry all you Wolverine and Nittany Lion fans, they're freakin' good. Oh, and you too MadCity.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
JeepMaker said:
I love it!

Make no mistake however, they have some tough games ahead.
Michigan State in Columbus
Penn State in Happy Valley-ALWAYS tough there.
Illinois is vastly improved this year. Funny thing is, I could see it last year. Even games Illinois lost, you could see how much better they had gotten.

The Michigan game is always tough, especially in the big house. The game Michigan played against Purdue was the first time all year they actually impressed me at all.

Gonna be an exciting second half of the season.
Penn State and Michigan are the only roadblocks left for my Bucks. At this point, I dont find either intimidating but with this crazy season my eyes are wide open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts