V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the two decals on my gas tank, and let it sit for four hours. No bubbles. Then I clear coated it, and after about two days, small bubbles appeared under the decals. What can I do to save the decals and paint job?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Nothing after clear coating them:nope:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
frankalexyoung said:
I put the two decals on my gas tank, and let it sit for four hours. No bubbles. Then I clear coated it, and after about two days, small bubbles appeared under the decals. What can I do to save the decals and paint job?
I would let it set for another two days and see what happens. Maybe it will fester and pop and heal up just fine! :boobies:

Just kidding Frank. Just thought I'd be the first one to give you a bad time. I'm guessing that members of this forum will help you with the problem. I know that you've spent a lot of time doing the paint yourself and it does look great. The frig'n bubble thing is enough to make a grown man :crying:

Anyway, hope you get a constructive answer to you problem. Later.
Flatline

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know it hurts. It happens to everybody at one time or another...A paintjob turned sour. It will only get worse with the bubbles and you will never be happy with it. Might as well bite the bullet and start over.

·
Registered
103 Posts
frankalexyoung said:
What you might want to try doing is taking a small pin and carefully pushing it into the bubble. Taking a soft clean cloth, slowly attempt to rub the air out of the bubble. Poke another hole if the bubble is quite large and try to work the air towards the tiny holes you just created. Work slowly.

I used to mount decals on boats, cars, trucks, you name it and this little trick bailed me out many times. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts