V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of these??? I have a set with 2/3rds of the baffels cut off and they sound great. Went with these pipes cause they were 2 pipes and it got rid of the leg burner that covers up the motor.. I have notice everyone talks about all the other pipes out there, but never about BuB pipes.. I was just wondering if there was something wrong with these and I just missed out on something... I have had no problems so far (1500 miles) was just wondering what everyone thought...

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
I'd always liked the sound and look of the Bubs, but from everything I've heard, they rob tons of power.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will find out at the end of the month. Going to have it put on a Dyno that writes your own map for best performance. Have PWR-COMM 3 and SE filter so I hope I won't be disappointed, Will post #s to let everyone see what this combo makes....

·
Registered
20 Posts
C-ROD please let us know what numbers you posted after the dyno. I am interested in getting the BUB pipes but cant get no dyno numbers from the company. Will be watching for results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i recently installed the bubs flush style pipes,i like the sound and so does everyone else i showed my 2003 v-rod to.
i also like the look,you can see more of the motor and swingarm looks cleaner and more harley.
they are loud and sound good,let my buddy ride it while i listened-sounds harley for sure!
installing a power commander in a few days with s/e air filter and remap from dynojet.
yes you will lose a little hp.you only lose in the higher rpm range from what i understand.
mine rides fine to me, not racing at indy so who cares.
i ride on the street not on the dyno.
bike is still quick with bubs in my opinion and my buddy's
and he has a fatboy,got his stamp and thumbs up along with some of the guys at work they all said "badd ass"
but exhausts are like bellybuttons everyone has one and thinks theirs is the best.
i say get what you like,or wait and listen to a few systems for yourself and then decide.
but i like the bubs for now, but i may hear something else i like better.
check out the v-mods, i have heard nothing but good things and have yet to hear them for myself,you never know i may be reinstalling the stock system with v-mods,who can tell.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I used to be very active last summer and fall when the bub forum was around, bub pulled it however because we talked about everything on there not jsut there pipes, too bad really cause there was a wealth of information there especially for vrods. There are quite a few people who have the bub pipes on the vrod, the problem was bub refused to post dyno results of there pipes for the vrod, the reason being you did lose power, they sounded great and it wasnt as bad as the sampsons but they claimed a power gain and you had none. I am however looking forward to steves dyno of the rinehart pipes which bub distributes. If all shows up well I will be moving from the double barrels (which i am happy with but want more power and a bit more Dbs) to the rineharts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.