V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen or know much about the new Bub 7 pipes? anyone heard them yet?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I heard through my dealer that they sound and perform really well. So I ordered a set. Once I get them and have my bike dyno'd I will report back on the results

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Glad to see someone mention these pipes, I was wondering the same thing, you can see them on custom dynamics website, they are also a stepped design and look great also, maybe a different choice than the rineharts, maybe? :hmmm:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
This info is just coming from my dealer, but they said that the chrome is better, and they sound and perform better than the rineharts. They said the sound is really good and even though Bub makes rineharts they recommend the Bubs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Wildey - did you order from stealer or someone else.....just curious on cost vs the Rineharts. I was going to order the Rineharts then heard about the new Bub. Need some new pipes fast!!

p.s. - are they in stock & ready for shipment?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
RKC-Dave said:
Hey Wildey - did you order from stealer or someone else.....just curious on cost vs the Rineharts. I was going to order the Rineharts then heard about the new Bub. Need some new pipes fast!!

p.s. - are they in stock & ready for shipment?
I ordered mine from the dealer. As to the exact cost I really don't know. Thats because I got 20% off my order which was the SE stage 1 filter and the Bubs both for $850. I think they said the pipes were regularly $925 or so. They are in right now but my left shock started leaking oil and they ordered one to replace it so it won't be till next week Fri when I get them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Wildey, I will be waiting to see what you think about the sound & performance.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Which one did you get? Was it the True duals with cross-over tube or with-out? Or was it the 2-1 pipe?

I'm interested in the 2-1 pipe for my bike and can't find any info on hte internet about them.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Im getting the true duals. I know you get more power with the 2 into 1 but I don't want the heat for one and I like the looks of twin pipes. Getting anxious since its only a week away now.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I just recieved an E-mail from BUB on the 7 series pipe. It is only available as a complete system for 07 up models and slip-on only for pre 07 models.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I got another reply from them today, turns out they will be available for pre 07 models. Here is what they wrote in 4 seperate E-mails.

"I'm interested in the new line of "7" series pipes for an 2006 FLTRI. I can't seem to find any info on your website or any where alse.
My question is, I have a modified engine (95", .575" cams, 50mm TB, 10.5 compression ratio and ported heads. I"m currently running the Rinehart duals but they don't have enough torque down low.
What would the "7" 2 into 1 do for this as compared to the pipes I have now or would you advise of a better pipe, such as the "7" True Duals with crossover? "

"Hello Scott,
I'm sorry but the Seven is for 07 and newer bikes. Nothing but a slip/on for the 06 in the Seven line. Have you tried putting the Perf. baffle in your True Duals to bring up the torque in your low end mid range? Thanks Jim"

"I received an E-mail from Jim Rego that the Seven series is only for the 07 and newer models.
I found a website with part #'s for pre 07 models. 1800-0706 being one of them. Is this a 2 into 1 seven pipe?"

Also, here is the website address I found
http://www.pipecity.com/News/NewsProducts.cfm/NewsItem/8342/WhatsNew/Products
"
Hello Scott,
I looked in the publication you sent and I believe what you are seeing there is what we will have available. But what I mentioned is what is available now, I believe. Just to make sure I'm having Sales Manger. send me the latest fitments to be sure. Will let you know. Thanks Jim"

"Hello Scott,
Just got the 08 fitment list. These are what will be available in 08. The 1800-0706 is the 95-06 FL model 2-1. We are expecting to have these done by 08. If they are done sooner, even better. For a update on availability and pricing, write [email protected] Thanks Jim"

"Is there any info going to be available about these pipes on the website.
Or is there any literature available, such as PDF file that you can E-mail to me?

"Scott,
We are working on getting the BUB “7” system on the web site but it is not ready yet.
American Cycle Magazine installed the BUB Number 7 system with a K&N air filter for a report in their December issue.
They found a 19% increase in horsepower. This issue will be on magazine stands in late November.
If you would be kind enough to provide me with your mailing address I would be happy to mail you the information we have"

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Hey Wildey, any update yet? Ordered mine (Eastern Performance) and due to be delivered Tuesday. Talked to Bub rep, told me quiter than the rineharts with a much deeper tone.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
radridd said:
Hey Wildey, any update yet? Ordered mine (Eastern Performance) and due to be delivered Tuesday. Talked to Bub rep, told me quiter than the rineharts with a much deeper tone.
Ok, I just got my bubs installed on my 2008 96 inch Ultra Classic yesterday. Didn't get home till late and had to soak in the tub to get the hypothermia to go away so sorry about that.

The pipes look and sound great. They have a little deeper rumble than the rhineharts I previously had. The also changed the mounting bracket for the rear cylinder to give more support which is suppose to eliminate the potential for the pipes cracking. I got the chrome tips so I don't have to worry about the discoloration issue either.

Throttle response is much better with these pipes even though it was good before. Its just much more crisp. You can definately feel the difference in power too.

I did have the bike dyno'd at the dealer. I was going to have Otto do it but he said to give them a try first. The print out on the dyno showed 68.27 max hp and 78.38 max torque on a stock 96 inch motor with a stage 1 air SE cleaner.

I asked why such low numbers since Harley states this 96 engine has 70+ hp and 90+ torque and they told me that they measure theres at the crank where this dyno run is measured at the rear wheel so you get a loss of power by the time is goes through the primary and tranny?

At first I thought this sucks, but after getting on and riding and jumping on it at all different speeds and gears it really gets up and goes. When you get on it the pipes really roar but at crusing speed they sound nice but are not loud. You could easily pass noise issues if you don't crack it open at the wrong times.

They did tell me that these pipes which they were also putting on the 2007's have a tendency to have the bolts loosen at the cylinders and told me to retorque them after a 100 miles or so and then they won't need it again. So that is what I will be doing today as it was a 155 mile drive home last night in a very balmy 40 degrees. Needless to say I had no feeling in my hands, or feet but it was still a fun ride.

If you have any other questions just ask. I will try to get a few pictures added later today if I have time.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Just what I needed to hear. Not at all happy with my rineharts/quite baffles, less noise at idle but kills the tone. Hope you get time to snap a couple pics.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Ok, heres some pics of the Bubs 7 exhaust. Didn't get a chance to clean her up from the ride yesterday so just disregard some of the rain drops.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Thanks for the pics wildey. Glad they changed the rear mounting bracket. Also looks like the left side header tucks in a little closer.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Awesome looking pipes Wildey but I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention a PCIII or a sert tunner, if you don't have one of those you are leaving alot of power on the table, say around 8hp and 10tq, beleive me you will notice the difference.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Tnford27 said:
Awesome looking pipes Wildey but I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention a PCIII or a sert tunner, if you don't have one of those you are leaving alot of power on the table, say around 8hp and 10tq, beleive me you will notice the difference.:thumbsup:
Your right!!! I did forget to mention it. But I did use the Sert when the dealer dyno'd the bike. I don't like the numbers that came up with this dyno, I had a 95 inch before with 203 cams and that gave about 73 hp and 95 torque. These 96's stock are suppose to be close to that.

Even though the numbers are low I can really feel the power difference. It pulls almost like my old 95 did. I don't know if its just psycological or not. Maybe in the spring I will take a trip to Otto 400 miles away and let him tweak it even more.

I don't want to make any internal changes to this motor such as cams ect. It just runs to good, not to mention that there is vertually no valve train noise.

I also learned that once you make those internal changes only the dealer that did them will warranty them. I learned that the hard way the last time when I had problems and dealers just wanted me to take it back to the other dealer that did the work even though they were 200 miles apart.

So this one is staying stock so it can be worked on at any dealer under warranty.

·
Seasoned,Retired Rider
234 Posts
bub

Thats a good looking machine even with the rain drops! Are those mufflers straight thru design or some sort of baffle?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Wildey ... Off-subject, but could you please help me with the partnumbers on your footpegs --- not the pegs themselves but the part that goes on the fron guard

Have ordered a 105 anni Ultra just like yours :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts