V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rider
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip through the mounteens last week. Noticed a lot of gravel on Brushy Mountain Rd. Since then have talked to three different people who said they aren't going to ride it again for a while due to the gravel. One of em found himself with front tire sliding and an oncoming car. He said he still isn't sure how he made it.

For those who don't know about Brushy Mountain Rd it runs from Hwy 421 in N Wilkesboro NC down to Linney's Mill Road. It's kinda like a mini Tail of the Dragon.

Problem is that trucks are having to drop off the edge of the road to get around the corners. The shoulders have been repaired by filling the holes with gravel. Now when the trucks drop off the edge they throw gravel onto the road.

If you are thinking about going there, it's driveable but be really really careful.

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
I'm allergic to gravel. Sometimes it gives me a rash. As a matter of fact, me and gravel had a disagreement this past Saturday up on top of Bull Run Mountain. Gravel won the argument, but he didn't beat me up too bad. Just pissed me off and made me look stupid (more stupid?) :mad:

I don't do much riding down in NC, but thanks for posting the warning for those who do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts