V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was back in July when I ordered the two-tone '03 V-Rod. Picked it up today. Oooooooo how nice. Thing is totally stock for now... Christmas is coming and the break-in service :p Still, it is an outstanding ride in its stock form! Not sure many bikes come so well appointed out the door.

Been reading about slow V-Rod sales in parts of the country. FWIW, not here in Colorado. There aren't many on the floor, and when there is one, someone pays above MSRP soon.

Will proably swap out the exhaust at break-in, but you know, the stock exhaust is not bad -- a nice throaty swoosh. I'm leery about trying to make it sound like its big twin brethren. Not sure it is a fit with the V-Rod "style".

Chinook winds in Colorado today had me riding in 50 mph gusts. No problemo. Oh sure, I could feel the bike waver here and there, but no more than some of the fairing covered (read side barn door) sport bikes I've ridden recently.

Took a quick pic at Red Rocks Park west of Denver on the way home. Looking forward to learning and contributing here!

Steve

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
nice pic, sfarson, congrats, wish I were out there with you, it sure is beautiful there. I've been to a lot a parts of the country but never liked anywhere more than southern colorado and nothern utah. Enjoy and drive safe!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I was out there too in all the wind. The wind really sucks with all the sand on the road from the recent snow, but it's still nice to have a day like today to ride.

·
Registered
249 Posts
sfarson,

My desktop background is a pic of a V-Rod taken in exactly the same spot as your pic. I got the picture off of this forum but can't remember who posted it. I'll have to find it and send you a copy - you've a twin in the neighbourhood.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice bike. I too have a 2/tone v-rod. I have not seem many around, so I am still getting the When did that paint scheme come out. Enjoy it and ride safe.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bermuda said:
sfarson,

My desktop background is a pic of a V-Rod taken in exactly the same spot as your pic. I got the picture off of this forum but can't remember who posted it. I'll have to find it and send you a copy - you've a twin in the neighbourhood.
That was probably me! I took a demo out five weeks ago and took the photo at the same spot... something for me to look at and think about as I considered sticking with my order or not. Tis true... I wavered some on this. Glad I stuck with it now.

Steve

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vrsc said:
Nice bike. I too have a 2/tone v-rod. I have not seem many around, so I am still getting the When did that paint scheme come out. Enjoy it and ride safe.
Yes, my dealer told me it was only their second two-tone to come in.

Steve

·
Registered
201 Posts
I believe that the production of the 2/tone bikes are almost to an end (or has already ended). I know that some of the limited edition merchandise (like the 2-tone helmets) are no longer in production. I will be inquiring soon, about how many 2-tone v-rods were produced. I know that the number will be less then they wanted to make.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Great picture!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yo Steve------

You gotta be ride'n on a cloud man-------I know how i felt when i picked mine up in April-----and guess what----I still feel that way-----

Every time I get ready for a ride , its like I'm throw'n my leg over a "Tangible Enigma" and ride'n off into the "Ether".............aahhhhh, eerrrrr , sorry there, I get a little passionate talk'n bout V-Rods.....

Another thing----maybe I'm a Plain Jane when it comes to the mods-----dont get me wrong , I like a lot of them----But i also like my bike the way it is....... I like the way it sounds......when i spank her , she barks loud enough for me......and I wear a helmet most of the time and at 52 , i've lost a good portion of my hearing--------It's also neighborhood friendly---Ya know what I mean !!

So Get Ready for that 500 mile marker------and get ready to Cuh , Cuh , Cuh , Cuh ----Cut Her Loooooooose !! ---- Your V-Rod has a " Cybil Personality "-----You know ( about 16 of um ) ----- and a few of them present themselves when you hit 5K with an open throttle.....

Ride safe-----come back and give us a report...

Hutch

·
Registered
149 Posts
Steve,

Great ride isn't it! Git mine (two-tone) in early August and ride every chance I get. Theres alot of detailing you can do that really make it stand out like the chrome belt guards, chrome mirrors etc.

You don't have to worry about a V-Rod sounding like its older H/D brethren. With the double overhead cam and four valve, the sound is more like a race tuned sport bike, just not as whiny. I have the SE 16g which are good looking and great Porsche inspired sound to boot without being too loud.

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts