V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought a Brooks leather jacket when I bought my first sportster, 14 years ago. It's too small for me to wear now but I saw one at a motorcyle shop and they are still made in the USA and look like great quality. anyone have one of these jackets, where did you buy it ( online maybe ).

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I bought my Brooks leather in Detroit at a Brooks outlet (they were made there way back)...both the outlet and the leather are long gone but it was a great leather with one of the first zip out linings. I'm told the quality has gone downhill some but I couldn't say I haven't seen one in maybe 20/25 years...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I stll have my Brooks which was purchased in 1985. My first motorcycle jacket. It has the straight collar, zipper sleeves, 2 slanted zippered pockets, and removeable liner. No fringe , hooks, loops, spare zippers, feathers, flashing lights, etc.

I can not get myself to part with it.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
brownjams said:
the one I saw was very heavy and looked like good quality. my old one is still a good leather just a bit too small.my old one looks like this one.
Damn...where'd ya find my leather...just like my old one...the new one looks kinda cool...

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Bought one for me and one for my wife in 1992. Look just like the two posted right above. Still going great. Very tough. I don't know if the new ones would be as good, since I haven't seen one in years.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kink04fxd said:
Got a size 46 for sale if you are interested.

No thanks. you are saying it's a 46, but the classified add shows 44. are you sure on what size it is.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
kink04fxd said:
Sorry, it's a 44. My new jacket is a 46.
If it's indeed like my old Brooks it would be a good deal lighter than my Jammin' leather that I use for winter. it'd make a good fall/spring jacket. The size is in the ballpark but the price is pretty steep...I'm guess buyer covers shipping...that said is $150 the least you'd take?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Christmas special. $100 + $10 bucks to ship. I really hate to see it go but I don't think I will ever wear it again. It also has a zip out liner.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seems this thread has been highjacked into a sales thread for a brooks leather. It wasn't that important of a thread to begin with, so no big deal. I think I should get 10% if you sell it now. just PM me when you sell it and I'll let you know where to send the check.
Thanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
brownjams said:
seems this thread has been highjacked into a sales thread for a brooks leather. It wasn't that important of a thread to begin with, so no big deal. I think I should get 10% if you sell it now. just PM me when you sell it and I'll let you know where to send the check.
Thanks.
You seemed interested in post# 9, sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts