V-Twin Forum banner

Bring on Winter

4K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  captainhook455 
#1 ·
And leather weather! Sorry to all my northern brothers, but we in the south wait for this cooler weather. Gotta get some use of the riding gear. It is a double edged sword though. Along w/ the winter months come the Q-tip headed snowbirds. Oh well.

#3 ·
Its hell down here, today I went for a ride and I had to wear a sweatshirt to fend off the winter cold until about 11 ish. Another day like this and I will have to find my gloves. I wish for a frost so I can have a mess of collards and fat back.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

#5 ·
My ride to TN and KY last week meant leaving WI at 0330 in the morning temps were 32-34 degrees. Warmed up to about 38-40 by the time I got to Bloomington IL. It turned out to be a great ride.
We have had 3 morning of below freezing now so that is a killing freeze. Not done riding. I generally ride all winter. This year if it gets bad I may do some work on the bikes that is over due.
This was coming home last winter.
15,000 on the new sidecar now it has served us well.

Snow Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Winter

#6 ·
I think it was about Oct.12 when the cog railway shut down until next spring. A blizzard came the next day.
I'm sitting on the back porch it is 80° and humid. Later I am installing adjustable wings on my faring. I only spent 5 hrs yesterday making lasagna. Lunch will be good.

#8 ·
18* this morning in NE Oregon, sposed to be 7* Tuesday morning.....helping out after our sons surgery. Still have to finish taking Alma down to bare frame for some repair work to the frame. Actually the ONLY reason I like living in southern CA is the winters.

#14 ·
91 degrees here in FL yesterday. On October 28th? ENOUGH!
You moved to the wrong state. Carolina's is where you outta be so they loaded up the truck and moved to Myrtle. Beach that is. Swimming pools, Vanna White, millionaires and 1 billionaire.

Yup sitting on the veranda getting ready for my morning shower at 11:54 am. it will be in the 80's with 45% humidity until Saturday it will get freezing at 66.

#20 ·
Finally getting nice here. Sorry for you guys up north, but my riding season is just getting good. High 60s and low 70's this weekend... (y)

#30 ·
2nd year riding a cherry condition 01 Road king...First Harley I've owned, always wanted one, finally got one ! Years ago rode a 71, 650, Bonneville and as a kid destroyed a 175 cc Kawasaki dirt bike. My first thoughts after the first week on the Harley , where do I move so I can ride all year long ! I lived in Sarasota Fla, a couple time ..I may be headed back. This is the seconded Winter in Maine with the Road King, and I can't imagine parking her for 4 -5 plus months. due to snow ! ..not going to happen...Folks are already looking at me as a crazed biker ....who rides in December in Maine ? If the roads bare, why not ! Just had a snow storm last week so the roads are still somewhat lousy ..but rain is in the forecast so weather is improving ... just curious, how many other bikers have moved so they could keep on riding all year long ? I don't believe any other bike would posses me to make this move. I waited a long time for this bike and I intend to ride it, not store it !
s

#32 ·
I got out yesterday for about an hour. It was 44 but sunny. Leathers aren't the best when it's that cold. Put on my HD FXRG winter jacket and was toasty warm, even at 55-65mph. I find once the temps get below about 47-48 degrees even leather tends to eventually get cold. The synthetic winter jacket is the way to go.

#34 ·
Supposed to hit 85 around here today. Road yesterday and felt guilty leaving the bike at home today but I am heading "downtown" to an area I am not familiar with so I figured the truck was safer.
I'll ride tomorrow when it's supposed to be cooler perhaps, high of 84.

Sorry about all the snow and cold up north guys.

#35 ·
Supposed to hit 85 around here today. Road yesterday and felt guilty leaving the bike at home today but I am heading "downtown" to an area I am not familiar with so I figured the truck was safer.
I'll ride tomorrow when it's supposed to be cooler perhaps, high of 84.

Sorry about all the snow and cold up north guys.
Ha ha ha I bet you are sorry about the ice and snow up yonder. Buffaloguy says it is 28 up there. The high today will be 78 a little rain tonight for 54 tomorrow.whoof

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.