V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an '04 BMW 1150RTP for the NCSHP and those BMW anti-lock brakes have spoiled me (and saved my ass a few times too).

My '94 FLSTN had the stock single-piston HD brakes and they leave a LOT to be desired. They had me saying "ol' @#*%" on nearly every ride. After riding the BMW all day then getting a few relaxing miles on my HD, I had to remember the difference between an excellent braking system and one that was barely enough to stop a Tomas touring moped.

So, I laid down the money to get a set of Brembos with floating rotors put on my ride. I also pulled all the stock brake lines and replaced them with braided SS lines. Best money spent so far. It stops very, very good now. And with the floating rotors, I get no more vibrations and grabby stops.

If anybody is thinking about a brake upgrade after bumping their rear wheel HP above 100, then get the Brembos, they are well worth it. Oh, and they look awesome too!! Look better than PM's to me.

·
:. Bones Surgeon :.
217 Posts
Can we see some pictures, please?
Where did you get the brakes from, and how much did you pay for them?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brembo Pics

I paid $1450 for the front and rear brakes. My mechanic got them from Drag Specialities with his dealer discount.
They come in rotor and caliper sets with all hardware and brackets. The only thing you need to add is the braided brake lines (if you want to, and I recommend it).

I found out that Brembo is the brake supplier for the HD VRSC (V-Rod) and will be suppling all brakes for HD Touring models starting in '08.

Brembo also is the brake supplier for all BMW motorcycles. These brake calipers look exactly like the ones on my issued '04 BMW 1150RTP, except these are chrome and have 'BMW' cast into them (and the rotors are different).

And a closer look at the front.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
That bike is very clean for a 94!

You obviously look after it well!!
I also put a set of Brembo's with Lyndall Racing Z+ Brake pads on my old Road King - MAJOR improvement for me, but I must say I am drawn to the new ABS HD! Maybe if I save up enough one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts