V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased A Brembo caliper for my FXDWG. A company called QTM in CA chromes them and is the exclusive distributor. Here's what has happened so far.

The first caliper that I got did not fit, and there were no pistons in the caliper! So it gets returned.

I get a new caliper. This one has pistons in it, but it still doesn't fit. The brake pads extend over the disk.

I call the company with pictures. They promise to get back to me...I have to keep calling and emailing them.

They finally tell me that they have manufactured bad brackets, they will have a solution in about a month! Their recommendation? Just install the ill fitting caliper and don't worry about it till they can send me a new one.

I tell them I don't recommend their solution-brakes should fit right. They tell me that I am wrong.

The biggest thing that pissed me off? They promise to call back and don't. They have offered a refund, but I am sure that it will not happen based on their performance so far. I am awaiting the new bracket since I think that Brembo has a good rep, but I think that this distributor is FUBAR and they don't even feel that they have failed here.

What a clown act...I recommend that everyone stay away from anything from QTM.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
egldriver said:
I purchased A Brembo caliper for my FXDWG. A company called QTM in CA chromes them and is the exclusive distributor. Here's what has happened so far.

The first caliper that I got did not fit, and there were no pistons in the caliper! So it gets returned.

I get a new caliper. This one has pistons in it, but it still doesn't fit. The brake pads extend over the disk.

I call the company with pictures. They promise to get back to me...I have to keep calling and emailing them.

They finally tell me that they have manufactured bad brackets, they will have a solution in about a month! Their recommendation? Just install the ill fitting caliper and don't worry about it till they can send me a new one.

I tell them I don't recommend their solution-brakes should fit right. They tell me that I am wrong.

The biggest thing that pissed me off? They promise to call back and don't. They have offered a refund, but I am sure that it will not happen based on their performance so far. I am awaiting the new bracket since I think that Brembo has a good rep, but I think that this distributor is FUBAR and they don't even feel that they have failed here.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you're not getting satisfaction with the reseller, try going straight to Brembo. If they realize that these guys are giving their product a bad rep, often manufacturers will either offer to buy the product back or they will contact the reseller to make sure you're getting a satisfactory outcome. I'd also mention that they advised you to install an improperly fitting front caliper which is EXTREMELY dangerous since it contains 70% of your braking power. I'd let them know you are getting the runaround and you're not happy. They also may not be of any help, and if they aren't, I'd pursue that refund from the reseller vigorously as their product isn't worth owning. If you have purchased with a credit card, dispute the product with them and let them know they (QTM) advised you to install an improperly fitting safety product. You CC company will back you easily if you haven't had the product for more than 60 days normally.

Drel

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
egldriver said:

Thanx for the warning as I was considering a Brembo upgrade for my Fatty. Any idea's where else to get them?

Ride Safe
-Randy-

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
What about changing just the pads? My RK with Lyndall pads is amazing.At first had to get used to not locking up the wheels.Just a suggestion

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had considered doing the same until I found out that it would cost $1,400.00 for the front and back breaks using stock disks. It is the same company and I am glad I did not do this. I hope that things work out for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I installed the Brembo on my Dyna. The back went on fine with a little shimming (shims provided in kit) I did have to mill the front bracket and shim out the rotor (needed clearance between caliper and spokes also had to re-center rotor in caliper) My calipers were fine and bleeding was easy. It was some work for me and wished they would have bolted right in but the finished product is second to none and worth it. Brembo's will stop a bike Right Now. Good luck hope it works out for ya. It's worth the trouble in the long run

1 - 6 of 6 Posts