V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read may times were harley vented the heads to the carb and it drops oil out of the filter, My evo drops it all over my pipes and motor. Has anyone came up with a fix for this issue?

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
There are several gadgets from many companies. I personally like the S&S solution with the Breather Valve. Depending on your year, Part #31-2070 for 1999-02 and #31-2071 for 2003 and up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Since this is an EVO based on the 1936 design, there could be many reasons its doing this.
The easy possibilitys are, the oil is alittle too high in the tank, the oil filter is too restrictive. The harder ones are, the return side of your oil pump is damaged, the flywheel oil scraper is not formed well from the casting, the breather channel from the oil scraper to the breather gear is restricted from casting core shift "mostly see the casting defects on aftermarket cases".

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
bbrowncods said:
There are several gadgets from many companies. I personally like the S&S solution with the Breather Valve. Depending on your year, Part #31-2070 for 1999-02 and #31-2071 for 2003 and up.
His is an Evo not a TC so these will not work:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ratdog said:
I have read may times were harley vented the heads to the carb and it drops oil out of the filter, My evo drops it all over my pipes and motor. Has anyone came up with a fix for this issue?

What year is your Evo? earlier models have a vent hose from the crankcase to the breather than can be disconnected and run to the ground under the bike.
These were notorious on late Shovels and early Evos for sucking oil from the crankcase after a high speed run and spewing it out the breather all over the engine.
My '84 FXRS did it till I ran the hose under the bike and put a small paper filter on the end to keep dirt out.
Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
I run a spyke crank vent, the inside the air cleaner type. I am using the stock, but modified by yours truely back plate and K&N filter. 98 Evo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts