V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 Twin Cam Dyna...
Had the dealer service put on a SE breather & Dyna Jet kit. At the time this was done the bike had drag pipes on it (I know, I know, but they were on the bike when I bought it). Mechanic tuned it as best he could but said the full benefit of these mods would not be realized with these pipes and I should go with some slip ons (Cycle Shack or SE). I love the sound of the drag pipes, but frankly, I don't have the extra cash right now to buy the slip ons. Here's my question: I have the stock exhaust and mufflers that have been cored and the baffles removed. Will these work with the breather and dyna jet kit? Also, what is the difference in flow characteristics between aftermarket slip ons and stock mufflers with the baffles removed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
If the baffles were removed by drilling from the rear end with a hole saw, they should work reasonably well. Most people like the sound of this mod too. They will definitely aid in getting the best all-around performance from the bike as opposed to using drap pipes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts