V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in the process of having a 98ci built by mike stegman in Oregon, he suggested that we seat the rings by running the bike on the dyno. Has anyone been through the break-in process with these cylinders? How is it different form the standard cylinders? Are there any precautions that need to be taken? What will the engine be rated at with the 98 Kit if the 95's are 1550?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I have the 98 kit installed. I asked the same question. Steve (HDWRENCH) at GMR said to break it in normally. I only have a thousand miles on it, so won't be tearing it down to find out how well I broke it in, but it seems to run real strong. I'm guessing it's about 1600cc's.

Ride Safe,

Stan

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Hey classic, what's the rest of the build? My build will be done today and I am having Mike do the break in on the dyno. Great deal especially if yer adding a SERT!
Be sure to post your results including dyno sheet when it's done!

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Good Guess!!

Stashu11 said:
I have the 98 kit installed. I asked the same question. Steve (HDWRENCH) at GMR said to break it in normally. I only have a thousand miles on it, so won't be tearing it down to find out how well I broke it in, but it seems to run real strong. I'm guessing it's about 1600cc's.
Ride Safe,
Stan
http://www.allconversions.com/

98 CI = 1,605.932272 cc's ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"06 EG Ultra Classic

Baisley heads
98 BB kit (Comp not Known yet, thinking about 9:7:1)
S&S Gears
Andrews 37G
Perfect Fit push rods
Race Tuner
Bassani slip-ons
SE A/C

I'm hoping for 95-105 max HP / 100-108 max TQ
Does anyone have any suggestions on the compression ratio that I should be running with this application?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts