V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just finished my break in miles last week.What I pain.I didnt think that all that low rev stuff was good but I figured that H-D new better than me. So, I followed the break-in to the letter. Now I read "Exhaust Notes" in the latest issue of "Cruiser Magazine".Well here it is in a nut shell: "If you baby the hell out of it, it will never break in".No more mister nice guy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yo Pspez

I think you did the right thing follow'n the break-in .

You gave your bike and yourself a chance to "bond" a little bit.

She's not any the weaker for take'n your time......she's flexed and stretched , and now it's time to ---- CUH CUH CUH CUH CUT HER LOOSE--, for those of you who know the joke.....

Side's , its said that if stuff is gonna go wrong , its usually in the first few hundred miles.........

Upper revs in upper gears = haul'n ass ------ not a good realm to be check'n for flaws........

Hutch

·
Registered
119 Posts
Every bike I have ever owned other then the harley they told me to ride her like you plan on riding her right from the get go. On the harley I had intentions of following the breakin but the amount of foreplay going on was killing me so I had to slam her a few times and feel the rush at taking her up to 110 and back. I have 420 miles on her right now and plan on doing at least 100 more miles today to finish her up, then I will see what she can really do (696 here I come).

·
Registered
69 Posts
HEY FOURNAKATE !!!!!!

Hod Damn Macarana !!!!! Be careful-------I guess were all curious when a Rod goes into "The Ether" and concerned for 2 reasons......

1)---Your safety-----Know when enough is enough so you can come back here and provide good Rod input to your V-Rod brotheren & sisteren.

2)---We dont want to see anything happen to your 1 of 11,000 , of one of the most special bikes ever made by HD.

Hutch

A Reflection ----Geez listen to me, I must be gett'n old.... allthough I finally Redlined my Rod in 2nd.....Pulled the clutch in as she was push'n me past 90.....

PS-----You can borrow my new Ride'n suit if ya want......

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Hutch, How much for just the pants.? Those damn S-pipes have burned about half the skin off my right inside calf. I'm hoping the 16-Gauge double barrels will move that pipe away from my leg some, or I'm going to have to buy a pair of asbestos knee socks. (hey! at least I'll be able to wash one while I wear the other. How do you wash asbestos?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts