V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 heritage and want to get v&h big shot pipes, should i wait for the 500 mile break in period or go ahead and put the pipes on? Will it hurt anything?

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
same here puts pipes on mine at 19 miles...Just make sure you stick to whatever breaking method you chose be it moco or other...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is your bike carbed or inj? My only consideration would be it running to lean with after market pipes, if you can richen it up to suit pipes youll be fine.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I switched pipes, Stage 1 at 1000 mile check
If I had done it right away, I don't think I would have appreciated the performance difference as much
This is my first Harley however, so when I get another, I may have more done before I pick it up
Learning curve can get expensive

·
04 Ultra
248 Posts
Put the pipes on and ride it like you stole it!!!! HaHaHaHa!! The last time I made that statement a couple of guys on here chewed me up and spit me out!!! Just couldn't help myself!!

:roflback:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Waiting or not waiting is totally up to you. Just make sure whatever you do that your bike is tuned in to the pipes are you are not running rich or lean. As long as that is taken care of you can change out the pipes anytime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts