V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a V-Rod and a Honda Sabre and participate in this forum and The Sabre Forum. One thing I have really noticed is that some Sabre owners are extremely defensive about their purchase. Many honestly believe that their $7,000 ride is better than just about everything else with two wheels. Harley bashing is common place and I have been electronically assulted and insulted several times for buying a V-Rod. Brand loyalty is one thing but this is almost paranoia!

Since I have joined the Harley forum last August I don't see the bashing here that is common elsewhere and my overall experience as a Harley owner has been very possitive.

Pete

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Honda sucks.

Oh, sorry to have ruined it for you.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Any sort of "bashing" is an attempt to elevate one's self, or object, or machine above another which stems from feelings of inferiority or insecurity within the basher. In my opinion, all motorcycles are cool. In my lifetime, I've owned Kawasakis, Suzukis, Hondas, Yamahas, and Harleys, I buy what I want at the time and have little care as to what other's think. There are lots of good bikes out there, the japs build with great quality. The VROD is evolutionary for HD in many respects, including build quality. I know some Harley people who won't ride with others on *** bikes, some Harley people frown on the VROD, I just tolerate their ignorance, their need to feel selective. Its bull$hit man. Honda probably builds the best overall quality motorcycles in my opinion. I got a $20,000 VROD and my friend has a $10000 1100 Sabre, who's to say who made the best purchase? I've got the latest rage, he's got $10000 in his pocket still and a nice cruiser, their both very nice in their respective ways. I ride with anyone who isn't too damn pompous, ignorant, or just plain dangerous.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
PAS22 said:
I own a V-Rod and a Honda Sabre and participate in this forum and The Sabre Forum. One thing I have really noticed is that some Sabre owners are .... <snip>

Since I have joined the Harley forum last August I don't see the bashing here that is common elsewhere and my overall experience as a Harley owner has been very possitive.

Pete
IMHO, one of the pluses about this Forum is the way we respect each other. Many of us have or do ride non-H/D brand bikes. Riding non-H/D does not make us lesser people. To have to denigrate another to feel good about yourself certainly does not speak well of your character.

Let the folks over at the Sabre Forum spout their stuff. Ignore it.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
To me I believe it is your choice and I don't bash, and I ride with people on all bikes but I am discouraged at how many people don't care about the economy or the jobs lost. The economy is suffering, what if we all bought 10 or 20 % more american products. I would die for your right to choose, I just wish we would put more thought in our choices !!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bruuuuce, thanks for ur vote.

Thealien, I agree with you completely, but with this world economy, many times its difficult to determine whether one is buying American or foreign. I know some Honda motorcycles are assembled here, so if you buy a Honda, your supporting jobs for Americans somewhere, same with Honda cars, many are assembled here, from some parts manufactured here. I buy a HD VROD, how many of its components are built, manufactured, or assembled overseas or foreign? You cannot buy any electronics, stereos, ect built or assembled in the states anymore. You go buy a Ford or GM, how many of its components are from outside the states? Mexico? Clothing, damn near everything you buy today is from overseas manufacture. My point is, sure I'll gladly support our economy, buy USA products, support my damn job, my retirement, my investments, my country, but most of the times its damn near impossible to determine who's economy your supporting, even if your buying supposed American products. What about the billions of OUR tax dollars OUR politicians give to Russia, Afganistan, Mexico, and others to help them, gain support? Or spend 3 or 4 million dollars of our money and or theirs, on elections individually so they can run/win election into a political job paying $60k-200k? So these days, I buy what I feel is the best product for me, at the best price I can. These days, we Americans, including our politicans, need to take care of US, America first and formost. We cannot save the entire friggen world, and return to our forefather's values and ideals, and treat each other with more respect, ruth......before things get way way outa hand. Ok, I'm done ranting......

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Mostly I agree, some don't care at all, some try more than others. But if we keep thinking US there won't be any jobs left to buy anything. If you read I said imagine if we all tried a little harder. Sometimes I agrivate my dad or girlfriends that I have had because I'll choose Red Wing boots because they are american Union made. Harleys are american union made, even if there are some foreign parts in them. The politicians are NOT looking out for our best intersts, if we don't nobody will. I was just saying if we all tried just a little more maybee we won't go through another serious recesion/deprecion.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thealien,

I'm in agreement with you, I understand what ur saying. My VROD was made by PACE union workers, its got a sticker stating so. I applaud your efforts to buy American, I'm just stating sometimes its difficult to determine who's benefitting, where your money is truly going. Ride safe and often brother.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many Sabre owners, and for that matter Aero, Valkerie, and Spirit bikers as well, do everything they can to make their bikes look and sound like Harleys. Guess that says it all doesn't it!

FYI - All big Honda cruisers and touring bikes including the Goldwing are designed and built by American Honda in Ohio using mostly US made parts. American Honda is a seperate coporation from Honda (Japan) that builds the motocross and sport bikes. The only thing is I don't think the Maryville, Ohio plant is Union. Dito for some Honda cars.

·
Registered
725 Posts
This forum is more civilized,

but I've been to other H-D forums where "*** crap" is a phrase more commonly observed.

At the V-Rod eGroup I observed today someone saying they wouldn't be caught dead posing on BMW crap.

I have a number of makes... enjoy them all and put a bunch of miles on them all. Motorcycles, I suppose being a discretionary purchase versus a need (though some could argue it is a need ;) ), brings out a defensive or justification attitude from owners.

There was a rumor floating around last week about H-D buying Ducati. Oh the flames from Harley owners responding to this and the flames from Ducati owners considering this. BMW disses H-D; Asian makes diss Ducati; it goes on and on. And you know, I don't really mind too much reading or participating in these debates or flame throwing threads... as long as things aren't personal. Kinda adds a little spice to a forum -- a message topic someone can ignore if they want to... or jump in with both feet :)

Steve

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
sfarson,
I have both a V-rod and 2 Ducati's"748s and 748r"!I bought my V-rod first because it's the Coolest Cruzer on the Planet.Then I went riding with a bunch of Sport Bike Guy's who Loved my V-rod.While my V-rod was in the shop getting customized . The dealer LVHD also sold Ducati's.They cost at least 2 times what a *** bike does and make less HP ,but it looks and handles like nothing else out there!It's kinda like our beloved V-Rods.They cost more,but look so cool it's just "Daring to be different"!
My moto is "Go Big or Go Home" !You only live once so what hell?I think I have the Best of Both Worlds Harley V-Rod and Ducati SuperBikes!
Kaz....................

·
Registered
725 Posts
SuperKaz said:
sfarson,
I have both a V-rod and 2 Ducati's"748s and 748r"!..... I think I have the Best of Both Worlds Harley V-Rod and Ducati SuperBikes!
Kaz....................
Ooooo, I know what you mean. A Duc 998 shares garage space with the V-Rod. Nothing like the performance, handling, looks, and boooming exhaust of a Ducati L-Twin :cool: .

Steve

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
A man After my Own Heart!I knew "I knew you were cool"!A Duc and a V-rod it doesn't get any better than that!Inless your Rob on his Mille R.
Kaz..............

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Re: This forum is more civilized,

Hi guys! Did I here my name being called?
sfarson said:
At the V-Rod eGroup I observed today someone saying they wouldn't be caught dead posing on BMW crap.
Actually, the exact quote was:
"If I wanted a German cage logo on my motorcycle, I would have bought a BMW and I'd rather stick a hot poker in my eye than pose on a "Bimmer".
Hope I didn't offend anybody here (me offend? never:p)
I was referring to some of the BMW owners around my neck of the woods who think there $hit don't stink and love to rub your nose in it, especially if you’re a Harley owner.

As for Ducs & Hogs? They together like pees and carrots!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts