V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! It looks like I'm selling the '03 V-rod I won from Love Ride 19! I'll be using the $$ to pay off the '03 V-rod I bought 2 months ago (and to pay the prize taxes I'll be owing Uncle Sam!) It's new, it's sitting at Glendale Harley and I'm pretty sure they can title it right to whoever buys it from me (they're double checking that they can do this.) I'm looking to get MSRP for it. You'll also have to pay sales tax, title, destination, etc. for it. Y'know the usual. It breaks down like this:

$18,095 Annodized Aluminum V-rod (w/CA emissions)
$ 894 Freight & Destination
$ 45 Document Fee
$ 1,571 Sales Tax
$ 173 Est. License Fees
$ 2 Tire Disposal Fee
---------------------------------
$20,780 TOTAL

Sorry, but I really don't want to mess with shipping. Let me know if you know anyone who's interested.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I must have ESP. Something told me there would be a new V-rod posted here. I'll start the bidding with a whopping $12.00 and a date with JimmyK's sister.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
That's a great price mdsteve, there are alot members here thinking about a new bike, or haggling with their stealers over msrp for one they have on order. I already have my vrod, but if someone is considering a new harley, and maybe aren't sure about a vrod, check the forums here for vrsca, to find out how those of us who own one have enjoyed ours. Mdsteve's good luck can be yours too.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Instead of shipping, I'll volunteer to ride it to the buyers destination, the long way of course to ensure proper break-in. And because it will be a forum member I won't charge anything for this service, wouldn't that be......priceless ?

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
mdrsteve said:
$ 2 Tire Disposal Fee

Thanks!!!
Hey what's up with this?!?!? Is this a Cali thing?

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Brand new 2003 Annodized V-rod!

hogg831 said:

Hey what's up with this?!?!? Is this a Cali thing?
I have no idea why there's a tire disposal fee. Since I'm taking two tires off of their hands, technically I'm disposing of two tires for them! Shouldn't I be charging them the tire disposal fee??

Tell ya what! If you want the bike, the tire disposal fee is on me!! :p

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
OK, OK...I'll make it $18.00 and you DON'T have to go out with Jimmy's sister.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! The bidding's really heating up! I think I'm gonna need to see some pics of Jimmy's sister before a decision can be made! :D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
mdrsteve said:
Cool! The bidding's really heating up! I think I'm gonna need to see some pics of Jimmy's sister before a decision can be made! :D
To see a pic of Jimmy's twin sister, go to Off Topic, thread titled Strange, page one. Looks like I'm going to have to get out the big bucks. $23.17, an autographed picture of Francis the talking mule, and a key fob that says "Stolen from Mabel's Whorehouse". What do you say now? Pretty tempting, isn't it?

·
Registered
575 Posts
If it is like many states, when you buy tires you pay a tire disposal fee. Most people think they are paying disposal fees on the tires they are getting rid of, but the opposite is the case, the fees are payment in advance for disposal for the tires being purchased.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
NCFatBoy said:
If it is like many states, when you buy tires you pay a tire disposal fee. Most people think they are paying disposal fees on the tires they are getting rid of, but the opposite is the case, the fees are payment in advance for disposal for the tires being purchased.
OK...but.............

mdrsteve, thanks for the offer but I'll stick with me bagger! Still congrats on the win and happy sellin'

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
HD site says freight is $210.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
logical said:
HD site says freight is $210.
Hmmm...I'll have to ask. I was charged $759.35 for frieght and destination on the v-rod I bought in September form Laidlaw's Harley.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

You should consider raffling it off to the Forum members!!!
Let me see.....$10 a Ticket, Members: 4,416 = $44,160 - 5% for DP and running this place $2208!!! leaves ya with $41,952
Not a bad wee profit.......
At least I'd have a chance of finding out how much it'd cost to ship over here........:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
harleyhog said:

You should consider raffling it off to the Forum members!!!
Let me see.....$10 a Ticket, Members: 4,416 = $44,160 - 5% for DP and running this place $2208!!! leaves ya with $41,952
Not a bad wee profit.......
At least I'd have a chance of finding out how much it'd cost to ship over here........:D
That is a the best idea yet. You can then put Jimmy's sister picture on eBay, not sure what category, but hey don't set a reserve.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
nlallas said:
not sure what category,
Its a toss up between three.........
Weird Stuff, Metaphysical or Animals!!! :D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
You could put that picture in the barn and the rats would bring back corn they stole 2 years earlier.
Swappin' time:
$38.96, a first place trophy from a taffy pulling contest at St Peters (or was it the other way around?), HarleyHog's empty sack, a book written by rhauft titled "Lerning to Spel is Eezy", and a rear view mirror from a '67 Ford pickup. Hate to let go of that mirror, but I like you.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to all (especially Jimmy K's sister!) But seriously folks...anyone out there interested? I know that Glendale Harley has a waiting list longer than they can fill, so they'll have no problem selling it for me, I just thought I'd offer it up to any forum members first. Any of you in California and on a waiting list for an anodized '03 V-rod?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just bought my bike, if I would have seen this first I would have jumped on it... Oh well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts