V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a set of Branch heads at a reasonable cost.(they were never used)
After reading their website I see they like to keep the Comp up around 10.5-1.
Can i run flat tops with these heads to lower the CP?
Also what cam do these heads like or prefer?
They do not have holes for compression releases and I really dont want any starting problems.
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Branch has a set of cams special ground from Andrews that were matched to the heads, see thier website.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
They do in fact have custom ground cams as well they weld up the chamber. I have built a few builds with there kits. Nice product.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But can i keep the compression lower?:beer:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
According to branch the 95 head will offer 9.8.1 so you are fine. there, now maybe the kit that it started with had a dome piston to yeild the higher compression rate. Not sure what cam you where looking at but with 9.8 with a flat top as branch states you are fine with several cams including the 37g. Hope that helps
:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HD .... I will let you guys know how I make out

BTW will any of your kits work with these heads?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
It would seem that they have closed teh chamber up as a flat top at 9.8 would be like 50 thou off the deck It would work but it is going to be in the 10.1 rang, you could run a woods stick or a 31g andrews. I really need to know chamber volume. Get that and I will be happy to figure some numbers for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts