V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To begin, I hope this is the correct section for my question.

Getting right to it, is there a real definative advantage to upgrade the OEM rotors on a FLHRCI to the full floaters???
I'm a mechanic / mech. engineer by trade (& career) and understand the design diff and advantages on paper but after all that, do they really make any noticable diff to the rider or bike???

:confused: :cool: :confused:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I didn't notice any real diiference on my Road King. Added ebc carbon fiber pads as well.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I was thinking about it, but I've got aftermarket calipers on with fully floating Pads, so in reality they shouldn't make much difference to mine.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Got the 4-pots all round.
Did'nt see any reason to get the 6-pots, don't really need 6. A real BIG difference in the wet!!!
Instead of having one large pad each side, I've got two so theres two leading edges to scrape the water off each side of the discs., sweet.
Also, I got the 4-pots as it less expensive to change pads. 4 pads per caliper, 8 all together in the front! Very good braking if I'll ever need it.

Another big bonus is the actual changing process for the pads, easy as pie! Just take a few clips of the pad pins, slide them out and lift the pads up and out.....piece of pi$$..:D

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Thanks. Sounds good. I suppose I could go for the 4 rear and 6 front - I have a FXDL so just the one front disc.

Can put that on the list with the Hayden Chain Tensioner, SS cam gears and those damn Blunderstar wheels.....

Did you also notice a difference in the dry?

Cheers

Mike

P.S. Didn't rain down here in Brighton today. Wierd!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Michael Benis said:
Did you also notice a difference in the dry?
Not much, but then again I don't really want to be in a position to 'Grab a fistfull' Know what i mean. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts