V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '03 FXDL has Kuryakyn ISO stirrups and I want to install a similar-detail brake pad. I found a Kuryakyn #8029 pad which is similar. The lady at K said if it isn't speced for the DL it won't fit, so that gave me pause. According to the '03 parts manual, all '03 FXDs, except the WG use the same brake pedal.
Anyone have any experience installing pad on this pedal? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only solution I've found so far is cutting off the knurled pedal, boring a hole in that flat and installing an ISO shifter pad. As best I can tell, no company ever made a replacement pedal for the FXDs. Everything was for the FLs.... oh well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My '03 FXDL has Kuryakyn ISO stirrups and I want to install a similar-detail brake pad. I found a Kuryakyn #8029 pad which is similar. The lady at K said if it isn't speced for the DL it won't fit, so that gave me pause. According to the '03 parts manual, all '03 FXDs, except the WG use the same brake pedal.
Anyone have any experience installing pad on this pedal? Thanks
I'm about to buy one for my 98 and I was under the impression that all the Dynas pretty much use the same pad. I was getting the Kuryakyn Iso as well. Is the WG different because of the forward control setup?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about other years of Dynas. The forward control pedal for a WG is different than the OE pedal I have. Main thing to make sure of is, whatever pad you buy must fit the pedal you have. Usually there is a fitment description to go by.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know about other years of Dynas. The forward control pedal for a WG is different than the OE pedal I have. Main thing to make sure of is, whatever pad you buy must fit the pedal you have. Usually there is a fitment description to go by.
I might have to get the HD dealership to eyeball my controls and give me the HD part number that goes on my controls then. My bike is a Dyna Low Convertible with a Wide Glide conversion...so who knows what it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts