V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 FLHTCUI can't find brake fluid change interval in owner's manual. Can anyone comment on correct interval?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, HD has never included that in a regular maintenance interval. I know guys with mid 80's Evo's that have never replaced there's and still got good brakes. I try to change mine using a MityVac every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Changing has no interval. Checking the fluid and adding when necessary is the important part. A couple times a year I'll pump some brake fluid out (Speedbleeders) and replace for the hell of it. Never had a problem.

·
Free agent
795 Posts
I changed mine after two years, and it was dark. It's nice and light gold now!! The brakes were not bad..just making sure everything was up to snuff and operating right. No sense in waiting til' there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Just a good look after changing it every two years will convince you to do it every two years! It always comes out crappy looking. I think your calipers and master cylinders will last a lot longer too.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Considering how cheap it is

I change fluid in ALL rides once a year. Car Truck, Bike, Plane, The moisture in it is what I fear and don't think that it's sealed so it can't take on moisture, brake fluid is hydroscopic. Hey it's cheap.

I change Auto tranny oil in cars and trucks every 2 years. Oil in manual trannies well I had 200K on my dodge PU but it had syn tranny oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts