V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to have the tank off and figured why not install the braided steel Fuel Crossover Line. While on business today in Salt Lake City, I stopped at a nearby HD stealership just to look at bikes and chrome, like I normally do on business trips each week. A parts guy warned me that HD has a leaking seal issue with this item, even with beefier gaskets.

Anyone had a fuel leak with the braided steel fuel crossover line?

Thanks!

application: ’01 FLSTFI

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I had a dry break with braided lines on the tank of the 99 for 50K miles and never had a problem, but have heard from others that they had problems with some dry breaks, which may or not have been the same as I used, so it is quite possible there may be some sort of issue. Some of these oxygenated gasolines cause strange problems sometimes.

Unless there is a drybreak integrated into the braided line that would give you an advantage from a service point of view, there isn't much point in taking the chance for a minimal cosmetic gain. I still have it but have not put it on yet as the advantage of having it would be even more questionable on an EFI bike anyway.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I tend to agree with Hippo on that one. I installed the HD version and afterwards could have kicked myself for not installing one with the dry break. Cost is almost the same and you get the advantage of improving the servicability as well as looks. With the HD version you only get the look. And it does look better but its a pain in the ass to install right and not get leaks. So far, mine hasn't leaked...but if I had it to do over again....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts