V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im a newbie but not by choice.
I recently lost my little brother to a freak fire accident. He had been a biker for a couple years prior and was always trying to get me into it. I had never rode before but inherited his newly purchased XL 1200 Custom. I could either leave it sit in my basement as a reminder of him or start riding it as that is what he would have wanted. Now, I cant beleive I even considered leaving it sit. I have been riding for about 6 months now and love every second. It brings me closer to my brother as I know he is there with me every time I ride.

He was one of the best tattoo artists in the country and probably even inked some of you (if you are lucky). He worked for Derma Design in Bismarck, ND. If you get a chance, stop by the site I built for him. (http://www.matthewbahr.com )

Matt, I love, miss and ride for you.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Welcome targa,

Enjoy the forum and the many personalities that make it the great site that it is. Be sure to pull plenty of road under that Sporty.

SS

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
targa,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your brother. I am confident you made the right decision to ride. Welcome.

Regards,

wyo

·
Registered
47 Posts
BUMMER,.......about yer "Bro.",.... However "He" will always be with ya,as long as you want him to be,.....take care of that scoot!! N "Enjoy"!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the site Targa, sorry about your lost.....hope you find comfort doing what your brother would have wanted you to do....Good Luck

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
No words can describe the condolences I send your way, please if you have not already, take a motorcycle safety course !!!!! And last but not least welcome to the forum, you are among freinds !!!!!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Your rememberance seriously brought a tear to my eye. I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my sisters. You inherited that bike because your brother knew you would love it. Letting it sit in the basement would be like putting your brothers memory "under the rug", sort of speak. Your brother will always be there in mind, heart, soul and your Harley. Be safe and ride forever, Carrie.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I second ftby24. Things happen for a reason and no one can answer why your brother was taken so quickly, except the Big Man. I checked out your site and it touched me. Your brother seemed to be special and not only in an artistic sense.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will feel right at home. Celebrate your brother via that Sporty, take the MSF course, and enjoy life like he wanted you to. Peace. J.T.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

Thanks to all for the kind words. Looks like I found a new hangout. This board rocks! Ive already found tons of answers to issues that have been bugging me. And everyone here seems to be very cool unlike usenet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome

Targa
Welcome to the best forum on the net ! I'm sorry for your lost and
I believe your bro would be happy to know your riding which I believe
he does.
Ride Safe
masher

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
targa,

Enjoy your time here. And enjoy your bike. I'm glad it brings you good thoughts about your brother. The love you put into the memorial site is a quite a tribute to Matt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts