V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Super Glide. Man am I psyched. I'm having a pillion put on with foot pegs for the passenger and highway pegs for me. Also a small sissy bar with a luggage rack. Hope to take delivery next week. So I won't be showing up at Myrtle Beach Bike Week on my Suzuki Marauder, which has seen better days after 28300+ miles. Ah man, I just want to get on it and ride ... bb

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Congrads, you will never regret it.

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
Congratulations on the SuperGlide!! Post some pictures for us when you get a chance!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Congrats man, I feel your excitement... I pick up mine in 4 days!:cheers:

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
:welcome:

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You're gonna love it. I've had mine for 6 months now. They're fun, fun bikes. Congratulations and welcome to the VTF.

'06 Super Glide

·
Banned
871 Posts
Congrats! I can understand your excitement! I have been riding Harleys for almost 30 years and I still get that feeling every time I pick up another bike.

I like those new Super Glides. They look a lot like the original, except for the UGLY boattail rear fender the first ones had. I'm happy they didn't decide to do that again! :yikes:

Oh yeah... you can expect to put on a LOT more miles than the 28k you put on your Sue-sucki. Your Harley will last you a lifetime if you take care of it. I know a couple guys who have been riding the same bikes for over 50 years!

Ride Safe, Ride Free! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Congrats!! I can remember the excitement while I waited to take delivery of mine. You're going to need a full-face helmet to keep the bugs out of your teeth!!:chopper:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great choice

Got mine 2 weeks ago. '06 Super Glide and I added a pillion and sissy bar. Did it myself as the dealer wanted $150 to do it. It was easy to do just do not loosen the rear tire per the instructions when adding the passenger pegs. It is not needed as the wrench can reach around the belt. My windshield comes on Friday as I keep getting cold when the temps are below 40. I love my FXDI and it drives like a dream.

'06 Super Glide

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats

Got my Super Glide in Jan and I have 1k miles on it already! taking it in for the 1k service on Sat. I ride every day it gets near 50 degrees. Going on some long trips and I need some advice on bags, turn signal relocate kits(if they are Nes) and windshields (Clip on). this thing rides great. I have notice the last two weeks at about 800 miles it is warming up very slow and stalls so I' ll be mentioning that to the dealer Sat. It is just a great bike and I am really looking forward to getting it read for two trips this summer.
Prospect, Pa Easy Riders Rodeo in July and Nashville in Sept! Nice long rides from Philly!
Enjoy it brother!

·
Banned
76 Posts
Less is more!

bohemianbiker said:
A Super Glide. Man am I psyched. I'm having a pillion put on with foot pegs for the passenger and highway pegs for me. Also a small sissy bar with a luggage rack. Hope to take delivery next week. So I won't be showing up at Myrtle Beach Bike Week on my Suzuki Marauder, which has seen better days after 28300+ miles. Ah man, I just want to get on it and ride ... bb
Congrats but don't put a bunch of crap on it, you'll ruin it's unique look. I saw a Street Bob with a pillion on it and it was ugly. I love my plain and simple looking 06 Super Glide.

K I S S (Keep it simple stupid) I'm not really calling you stupid, it's just a saying we used in the Army.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. I have felt good all freakin' day, and it's even better to see people love their SGs. I'll post a picture of the bike when I get it. It's gonna look a lot like Azrider's (same color and sissy bar) w/o the saddle bags and windshield. I may get a detachable windshield. Are there any good saddlebags that are easily detachable? I like to do some touring, but don't use the bags on a daily basis. On the Marauder I had bags, but they were permanently attached. bb

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks everyone. I have felt good all freakin' day, and it's even better to see people love their SGs. I'll post a picture of the bike when I get it. It's gonna look a lot like Azrider's (same color and sissy bar) w/o the saddle bags and windshield. I may get a detachable windshield. Are there any good saddlebags that are easily detachable? I like to do some touring, but don't use the bags on a daily basis. On the Marauder I had bags, but they were permanently attached. bb
That is a detacheable windshield on my bike. Detacheable bags as well. Even the sissy bar is detacheable as is the seat. That's what's great about this glide. I can go from what you see pictured on the previous page to stripper in literally 2 minutes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts