V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those dirty bastages! I went to ride the new Road Glide today thinking about a purchase a few months down the road if I liked the bike well enough to embrace the new technology. Well, went out for about an hour ride with the salesman and I gotta tell you, the bike is very smooth and has surprising power for a stock bike, heck, the soound isn't even that bad when you jump on it. They offered me more for my 01 RG than I thought I could get for it ($12k), sold me the new one for MSRP and gave me a better interest rate than I ever thought I could qualify for!

I am the proud owner of an 08 dark blue pearl road glide. What originally got me to thinking about new was when I saw a coppertop SG on a dealer floor. On the test drive I rode a coppertop RG and the salesman was on a coppertop SG pretty stunning bikes on first impression but after spending an hour riding one with another guy riding one, I thought I would probably not be that happy with the color over the long haul. I passed on the ABS Because the brembos are great and that's just one more thing to tie me to the dealer. I did opt for the profile laced wheels and security alnng with the passenger quick release backrest. Bike is built and in transit from HD. I got a plate, a vin, and a registration but won't have my bike for about 10 days. Like starting with a new canvas! Cant wait especially since they were anxious to get my bike on the floor cuz they have no RG's and people want em so they gave me a heritage for a loaner til mine comes in, that thing about killed me riding the 70 miles home. No offense meant to you ST owners, they are nice bikes, I just have some health probs that take Softails out of the equation for me...

If any of you have any pice of your new dark blue pearl , post it up!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBfxst said:
Good For You!:beer: now what cam are you going to put in? LOL
I'm thinking 107 w/R&R 525 and minor street port. Not sure how the throttle by wire thing is affected by performance mods. Do they even have the SERT available for the 08 tourers yet? I'll get all this sorted this winter...

OBTW, the TBW (throttle by wire) does take some getting use to, I went on a pretty good ride today through all kinds of roads. Of course I am use to the throttle response of my old bike(sounds funny to say that!) which will yanks your arms out of the sockets....

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
Here's my '08 Dark Blue Pearl RG with a hair over 2500 miles on it

Attachments

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks RG and Criuse66. I know you guys are more on top of this than me since I thought I'd keep my 01 forever. Whats the scoop on the SERT for the TBW bikes? I know they have some kinda downloads cuz you can get their (MOCO) downloads for 103 and 110. So, what's up? when is the SERT expectad to be in the pipeline? I would really like to get some motor work done this winter but not if I can't get it tuned, been down that road already.....

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
sounds like a decent deal. I think a lot of us would have a hard time walking away from that given the same circumstances. Enjoy!

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
adlerx said:
. . . Whats the scoop on the SERT for the TBW bikes? I know they have some kinda downloads cuz you can get their (MOCO) downloads for 103 and 110. So, what's up? when is the SERT expectad to be in the pipeline?. . .
The info I'm getting is late September or early October. Actually, you can get Stage 1 96" downloads already but we all know it's a crap-shoot as to whether or not it will work with the combination of air kit and selected mufflers.

Speaking of the free-flowing air kits. Anyone know if there's a kit with a K&N available for the '08s yet?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Congrats, Almost did the same with my 00 RG a couple of weeks ago. Was not planning to but a local dealer I just stooped in on had a nice Orange / black that had me going for a minute. Said 19K would take it. I snapped out of it just in time. I knew it would another several thousand dollars just to get it "personalized" and my 00 is already modified and dressed to kill. Put a 21 inch front wheel on last week to freshen up the old girl. OK, the real reason I passed was I did not feel like residing in the dog house for a few weeks. Too hot outside. Enjoy your new scoot!

·
IronButt
386 Posts
Congrats brother & enjoy (I know you will) !!
:beer4u:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cruisin1966 said:
Here's my '08 Dark Blue Pearl RG with a hair over 2500 miles on it
Hey, that's MY BIKE!!! Thanks for the wallpaper, can someone photoshop the rider backrest out for me?
Was at the dealer today, they are saying middle of next week, I am more realistic, hoping for the end of next weekend. The loaner (04 heritage) is ok for short stuff but this is our best riding time right now and we wanna go on a break-in trip!~!Awesome! The weather gets rainy early here....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts