V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sttay out and away from all dealerships unless you absolutley cannot get what you need some place else.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
ALL dealerships are not bad, Renagade. Like ALL people of certains groups are NOT BAD. Yes, some dealerships deserve the title of "stealerships". They are pieces of work. You must have had a particularly ugly experience with a dealership recently. We all have had at least some bad dealership experience to share. Yet , there are some dealerships that actually try to treat customers right. Dealerships that do "extras" that they aren't required to do. Special service. Special consideration. Special events, etc., etc. They don't make any money on this "special" stuff. And strangely enough, it's possible that part of a dealership operation may be bad while part is good. (i.e. "stealership" in sales, while the parts dept. is helpful!) So what I'm saying is condemn those dealerships (or parts of those dealerships) that should be condemned, and let the others make a legit buck.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
With very few exceptions, I buy the bikes there, I buy the oil filters there, and I buy the FM there, that's it.

Generally I buy parts from other sources when in my opinion they are superior to factory parts, or buy from dealers that offer significant discounts over the internet if they have the parts in stock, but now and then you need a minor part right now and it's nice to have them there.
I refuse to use inferior parts even if they are a little cheaper, just to achieve a senseless victory in my mind by not buying from them, and often the cost of chasing the parts down is more then the difference.

What are you going to do, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i honestly feel all hd dealerships suck.i'm not downing the bike or its history,but the dealers of today.They all suck. I have bad experiences in every one I've ever been in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There not all the same, but somewhat like car dealers, they are there to make the buck. I just spent two years, trying to find a dealer that I could buy a bike from that I thought I would like to deal with. I'm from the Omaha area and travel a lot. Visited dealers in California near my old home town of Stockton, visited dealers in New York, in Kansas, several in Nebraska, and after all of that didn't find any that I really liked. Finally found one in my back door in Iowa. Now that I've got a new bike, I'll really find out how much I like dealing with them. Stay tuned!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts