V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 117 s&s evo with 640 cams, ported heads, 10.5-1 comp., g carb, dyna 20001 ign., trendkills pipes. dyno'd at 114 hp / 124 tq before the pipe change.
sending carb to xxx to get venturi bored and booster installed. what gains could i expect?

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Personally I'd go with a CV 44, or CV 51. Perhaps a Mic 45. Better carbs, better low end response, better gas mileage.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Depending on several other items youmay see better throttle response, with the booster, are you adding a external air bleed?? or a t- Jet?? Not sure on your heads and all but a g is a nice size for your 117.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heads are a full port and valve job by carpenterracing.com
carb got to xxx today so i need to see what they advise. i know it has adjustable air bleed (10-32) not familiar with the external. they offer 47mm bore to the g plus the large booster. dont think they offer thunderjet but ill ask. will let you know.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
carbs on its way back. they bored and polished the venturi, trimmed the shaft holding the butterfly, polished the butterfly, checked seating of enricher and installed their booster. changed jets to 82 main, 33 low, 52 air. plus sent extra jets to change. said t-jet is not necessary with the large booster and external air bleed is mainly for racing and altitude changes. i'll see how much it changes when installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts