V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bondhus ball end allen wrenches on all my bikes. I haven't abused them, but so far so good. I bought them cause the Northern Tool near me caries them.

Decent price.

http://www.bondhus.com/products/body-0.htm

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,762 Posts
I just bought a set of those too. I hope they're as sturdy as the hype.

joe

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
They really are better quality than anything out there, but the 5/32" and under sizes will still snap off the balls on a regular basis

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a set of those too. I hope they're as sturdy as the hype.

joe
I have had them for a few years, but really haven't abused them. I like to have the ball ends make life easier.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
They really are better quality than anything out there, but the 5/32" and under sizes will still snap off the balls on a regular basis
The ball end isn't for loosening screws, just to turn them once they are loose. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
The ball end isn't for loosening screws, just to turn them once they are loose. :coffee:
In an ideal world, all a person would need is a straight set of hex wrenches, I only use the ball ends when access isn't possible with flat faced bit or L-wrench. But thanks for your tip....

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Bondhus Allens

I use Bondhus Allenstein on 3D camera systems at work and nothing else comes close . I don't like working with anything else and have to keep an eagle eye out on coworkers that don't have them because they need those special long screwdriver handles all the time. The right tool .

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
Just a trivia note. Calling their hex key wrenches 'allen' wrenches, is like calling all burgers 'Mac Donalds'. Allen is a brand, not the tool. Look at the website, and you'll see they are called hex keys.
Thank you. This has been a public service announcement.

·
Premium Member
00 Road King, 00 Ultra, 98 Fatboy, 08 Goldwing
527 Posts
Just a trivia note. Calling their hex key wrenches 'allen' wrenches, is like calling all burgers 'Mac Donalds'. Allen is a brand, not the tool. Look at the website, and you'll see they are called hex keys.
Thank you. This has been a public service announcement.
Whoa......I don't think that is a very good example. Maybe more like calling a motorcycle a harley. Everyone knows what you are talking about.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Kinda like calling a spherical rod end a heim joint or facial tissue a kleenex....

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Or like calling an adjustable wrench a crescent wrench....

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget Channellocks.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Little trivia for you old tool heads: How many know what Helio's are? Hint: really old machinists know the answer.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Helios makes precision tools for machinists/toolmakers but I never heard the term used to define one certain tool. Evidently at 52 yrs young I'm not old enough....

·
Banned
2,449 Posts

1 - 20 of 29 Posts