V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this may need to be in a tech section but it would get seen here more quickly and it should be a quickie for someone. I am planning to pull my front wheel on my 03 Roadglide to get a new tire installed. I was going to pull the calipers off both sides but they have an external torx head type socket head on the two bolts holding the calipers on. (I hate that!) I don't own a single socket like that, never had a need until now. I don't want to have to buy an entire set for just these. What size is it I need? Also is the rear caliper held on with the same size? Thanks, Mike
p.s. how about taking the pads out, any special wrench/socket for them?

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
ahmmm.. Aren't most boxed end wrenches 12 point? That's what I use.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
FULLDRAWMIKE said:
I know this may need to be in a tech section but it would get seen here more quickly and it should be a quickie for someone. I am planning to pull my front wheel on my 03 Roadglide to get a new tire installed. I was going to pull the calipers off both sides but they have an external torx head type socket head on the two bolts holding the calipers on. (I hate that!) I don't own a single socket like that, never had a need until now. I don't want to have to buy an entire set for just these. What size is it I need? Also is the rear caliper held on with the same size? Thanks, Mike
p.s. how about taking the pads out, any special wrench/socket for them?
If you don't need a snap on type set or craftsman go to a www.harborfreight.com type site and get a full set for just a few bucks. Check your local area and there may be a store there. We have one here and it is great for items that you won't need that often but have to have now for a job.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The investment in the 10mm wrench/socket will also be a good investment when it comes time for a battery change.

Regards,

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts