V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo who all braved the weather this year??? Woke up this morning and Ice was everywhere. Made it back to Corpus around 3pm.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Not me. My group left CCHD early Friday morning. I was bummed that work and other commitments would keep me from going, then I took a look at the weather and was glad to miss it. I talked to someone that said there was ice up there Saturday morning and 20 degrees, true? Glad you made it home ok. I didn't ride all weekend just because it was not the best here but it was good weather here compared to what you guys had up there.

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we left friday around 9am right after the front hit here and Saturday it was just cold no ice. Did the poker run oh wait now its called the road event and still no ice just cold. started to see ice on the bikes around 8pm saturday night and a lot of ice this morning. San Antonio news said they had over 500 auto accidents since midnight. All in all it was a great trip. my toes are finally thawing out I forgot to turn the heater on here at home it was 52 in my house when we got home.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Glad to hear you had fun Captain. I sat by my fireplace here in Corpus, one of the few nice days for a fire this winter. Not sure I want to be out and about in the Ice with a bunch of San Antonio cagers who dont know how to drive in that kinda weather. Good to hear your back safe.

·
TX Hill Country Explorer
893 Posts
We were there, not too far to ride over to Boerne but it was very cold. The thing that pissed me off was that it was in the mid-80s just two days before the event! My hat is off to you, I could not have ridden in from anywhere more than 20 miles away in that temp :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts