V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when a moderator doesn't like a post, he locks the thread? Is this a communist run site? I hope this place is not going to be another Democratic underground site that will ban anyone who posts something the moderator doesn't like or agree with. My post was not to incite a riot but to post my opinion. It appears that free speech is not a option on this website. :finger:

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
The topic of censorship has been discussed many times on boards and forums. A forum is a privately run concern. There are rules, just as there are rules of the road.

Frankly, I thought your thread was created just to start an argument.

If you want to see a board where you can get banned for disagreeing with the creator, let me know. It's great here.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
BladeGrip said:
So, when a moderator doesn't like a post, he locks the thread? Is this a communist run site? I hope this place is not going to be another Democratic underground site that will ban anyone who posts something the moderator doesn't like or agree with. My post was not to incite a riot but to post my opinion. It appears that free speech is not a option on this website. :finger:
For fuks sake, what did you expect! I tend to raise hackles myself, but the last couple of posts of yours I read even caused me to wince. Times have changed, my friend - you gotta tone it down a tad or you'll get drop kicked every time.

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So all posts have to be about a topic that the moderator agrees with? From the Harley riders I have met, not many are thin skinned sissy's who get offended easily. I'm sure he will be along shortly to lock this one....

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pws said:
For fuks sake, what did you expect! I tend to raise hackles myself, but the last couple of posts of yours I read even caused me to wince. Times have changed, my friend - you gotta tone it down a tad or you'll get drop kicked every time.

Maybe I should take the part about thin skinned out of my previous post.....

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
Bladegrip,
I got locked out before I could respond but reference your post. my GF/wife made the same comment as yours. So there is at least one (1) female who agrees. I prefer having her physically behind me as we ride and I would not want her away on a seperate bike. Guess it just depends on how close you are to your other.

·
Renegade
1,234 Posts
I got a couple options for ya there, Grip.

1) Move on to a different board with more "real bikers".

2) Have that cactus removed from yer butt. Get 'em to take that chip off yer shoulder at the same time?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
BladeGrip said:
Maybe I should take the part about thin skinned out of my previous post.....
"sissy's" would probably get you in more trouble - however accurate!! Scary, isn't it.....

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
D_T said:
I got a couple options for ya there, Grip.

1) Move on to a different board with more "real bikers".

2) Have that cactus removed from yer butt. Get 'em to take that chip off yer shoulder at the same time?

Educated response....almost a good a MegaGlide's

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
As a side note, this is a Privately owned forum and the owner who appointed the Moderators can choose to do what he wants with the board, including censor it, ban people they don't like and even close it down. There is NO right to free speech here.

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
I don't see any 'sissy' about guys gathering here to learn about bikes and have decent debates.

However, each to his own. If you like to fight, why are you here and not at some cowboy honky tonk? Heck, you could get into a real 'debate' just by walking in the door with shoulder length hair.

Frankly, I'm here for info and a few laughs. There have been many threads about 'real bikers' and credentials. It has been my experience that real bikers like cold beer, not hot flame wars.

I think that observation separates the sheep from the goats here, as well.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
BladeGrip said:
You seem pretty comfortable with that.
I am, it is what gives me the right to throw someone out of my house if I don't agree with what he or she says. There is no right to free speech at work either, try walking around your job and calling the owner a fukin assh*le all day and see how long you last. Free speech is for a public venue, of which this isn't, same as my house and my work place.

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Tourist said:
I don't see any 'sissy' about guys gathering here to learn about bikes and have decent debates.

However, each to his own. If you like to fight, why are you here and not at some cowboy honky tonk? Heck, you could get into a real 'debate' just by walking in the door with shoulder length hair.

Frankly, I'm here for info and a few laughs. There have been many threads about 'real bikers' and credentials. It has been my experience that real bikers like cold beer, not hot flame wars.

I think that observation separates the sheep from the goats here, as well.
Why in the hell do you say Im looking for a fight or a flame war? Because you disagree with my opinion?

·
Registered
417 Posts
No free speech in the forum, no problem.

If you need to express yourself, just step outside where there is freedom for everyone.

If I came into your house and spoke freely, there is probably a point at which you might ask me to leave. That's exactly how the forum works.

Tom

·
Registered
927 Posts
BladeGrip said:
I thought this was kind of funny considering you are freeloading here like me. Perhaps you should consider paying membership dues before saying your rights are being violated. Far from being a public institution with "rights", this forum is more akin to someone's house, and they can ban or keep whatever they want. Of course this only becomes a problem when they decide to ban MY behavior, but that's another topic altogether. If you REALLY want to test your limits of free speech, why not start a thread like "Indian Larry deserved what he got" and see how long it is before you are shown the door?

Indian Larry, btw, outclassed every one of these OCC, Jesse James, etc. bozos, but saying that is less likely to get one banned than the above.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.