V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the deal with blue dots on brake lights and turn signals and so on? What gives? What does it do or not do for a rider? Just curious what the dealio is!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
It's so the color blind bozo in a cage tailgating you has no excuse when he bashes into yer a$$. A pocket full a steel marbles work better. :eek:

·
Registered
629 Posts
A lot of people like the looks, I am not to hot on them personally. I don't think the law enforcement folks appreciate them much either.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The blue-dots became popular years ago. Just to guess, I'd say it was back in the 30's or 40's when people were putting them on the taillights of their cars. Then they were made of glass, not plastic. When you hit the brakes, it would give the brake light a purplish effect. And yes, they are illegal in some states. Bottom line, it's nostalgia.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
How about the Blue Lights on the Hood of Cars in place of the windshild cleaner jets...

Next you will be seeing Bikes with Neon Lights illumated under them... (um, neat ideal for night)....

·
Registered
629 Posts
JFScheck said:
How about the Blue Lights on the Hood of Cars in place of the windshild cleaner jets...

Next you will be seeing Bikes with Neon Lights illumated under them... (um, neat ideal for night)....
Your not cool unless you have a minimum of a 230 Horse add on wing for the back.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts