V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new 2008 yesterday and immediately noticed a substantial difference in the color compared to my 'old' 2007 Ultra in a side by side comparison. Went to the dealer and we compared the color sample with my bike and it was different. Lot less of those shiny and expensive flakes in the 2008 which makes the paint kinda bland. I am pissed since Harley via their German subsidiary tells me that they made a change to the color set up in 2008. The latest color sample supplied to the dealers is however identical with the 2007 color. I think I am getting bulls$tted here in a big way. Anybody with solid info on the potential change in color set up 2007-2008 black pearl?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey There

FWIW, I got my Black Pearl 08 on Tuesday night. A buddy of mine has an 06 RG in Black pearl. Weds am I was at his shop and my bike was next to his--I couldnt see any obvious diff. Dont know what to say, but Im up there a fair bit and will have another look--good luck

Other than not enough flaky stuff--one hell of a bike huh?

PEZ

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a fine-tuned bike with the best brakes on a HD ever, much quieter drive train and significantly improved handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts