V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel injectors on my 00 RK are orange. I have seen bikes with black injectors. Are the colors significant?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yup. I call them red, but they flow more then the black ones. In the old days when the bikes came with black ones they used to sell the red ones as high flow injectors.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were/are they available by themselves, or as part of a Stage 1 or II modification? Would they require a ECM flash to work?

I have been experimenting with varied PCIIIr maps that were for a stock ECM and they seem very rich. None of the maps mention high flow injectors and I am looking for a way to compensate for them on the PC map.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
All the maps that have been posted over the last 3 or so years are for the red injectors. As far as I know they always have been stock on Twin Cams. The black/red thing was for Evo's.
Look somewhere else.

The maps you download are a little on the rich side, if the bike seems very rich, assuming you are talking the 2000 MM bike, check all the TPS voltages for base, cold and hot idle as well as the ETS signal.
On the PCIII you also have to go into the advanced features of the program and let the PC learn the values for 0% and 100% TP. Without this the PCIII will drive you up the wall. It needs to be done.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Also you need to be certain the ECM has the stock flash. If there is any possibility that it has the stage 1 flash you can not use the stock flash maps.
If the bike ever was out of your hands verify this. Just wind it out in 3rd or 4th gear and see where the rev limiter kicks in (if you have a tach), if it revs to 6200 it does NOT have a stock flash, it should cut off at 5800.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hippo,

I'm curious about the adjustments you mention with the PCIII above. I ordered one for my '01 Road King and it should be here tomorrow. I told the shop the modifications I have and they are putting in the closest map for me. Modifications are SE stage I kit, to include reflash, and Kerker slipons. I removed most of the packing from the baffles to make it a little louder (don't know if this makes a difference for the map or tuning). The adjustment to the PC you're talking about, is this something anyone with a little mechanical experience can do or will I have to take the bike to a tuning center? Are the adjustments beyond the installation of the map explained well enough in the PC instructions? Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same concerns as you when I ordered my PCIIIr. You can review the videos on the web site and I think the users manual is there also. The printed manual that comes with it only deals with installation, you need to look at the videos (animated tutorials) and the PDF users manual. I kept my serial cable connected to the PC on the bike and exited it out below the seat and now I can fine tune it everytime I ride until I get it right. I set up an extra computer in the garage to use with with it also. The more you read about it and play with it a little the better you can understand what it does and how to change it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks,

After I posted my question this morning, I went onto the PC website. That cleared things up a bit. I'll play around with it this weekend. Hopefully, I won't have any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts